Tuesday 4 March 2008

Not much has been going on

I find that there hasn't been too much happening for me right now, i'm just working and going to school. I don't really find much time for rest or play and so life is pretty boring right now. Which is good because sometimes drama can be stressful...but sometimes you want just a little bit of something in your life. Just to remind you that you're alive.

I haven't been too active in jland, it comes and goes. Most of the time I just find myself lying in bed reading entries. But since i'm lying down I don't comment, just read. I've noticed that a lot of people have packed up and left or taken breaks. I suppose it happens for different reasons but again, it just depends who you're journaling to. When I write, I'm writing to you guys (whoever may or may not be reading) but I write whatevers on my mind, not necessarily something that folks would like to read. I'm just not the kind of person who'll have double digit comments and there's no way i'd be able to read that many journals!

Sunday was mothers day over here, I got my mum a new watch for when she goes out. She got a book, chocolates and flowers and I think she was pretty happy. She got a nice "happy mothers day grandma" card from Nathan and Chanae. For the longest time my mum was looking forward to being a grandma, my brothers waited until their late twenties to have kiddies. And I'm sure she's waiting for my sister and I...well, maybe not so much my sister but maybe me. But like I tell Adam the time is not right now, there will be a lot more waiting going on. I do look forward to having children one day but its life changing and so that one day isn't any day soon. I did watch a programme the other day talking about motherhood and it successfully put me off a few more years when the women were talking about tearing!? OUCH! and said they waited months before their sex lives got back to anything almost normal. It didn't make me feel much better when Adam said that sex afterwards would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, have to love his sense of humour. I guess I won't be celebrating mothers day for a while.

Things are good between Adam and I. I'm still surprised by the ways I love him, does that sound mean? cause its not meant to.  I just mean, i'm sometimes overwhelmed by how much he really means to me. how much a person can love another person. care for another person. on a day to day basis, yes I say it but I don't necessarily feel it in that all powerful way. but sometimes we'll be talking about something or we'll think about something and i'll get hit by that truck of love. i dont know, i dont think i'm explaining myself very well. hopefully, i'll be visiting for Easter and then once i'm gone he'll send in his visa application. When that happens I think i'll be sitting with everything crossed!

Well, i'm gonna get ready for class today. When I get home i've a recording of America's Next Top Model to watch. I love it. And I'm also watching Big Brother: til death do us part. I'm really a fan of American reality shows, I dont watch the British ones. Oh and of course, American Idol. And i've been watching Bad Girls club on the Oxygen website. I'm a reality show junkie. Everytime I'm watching the hills my brother walks in and tells me its not real and we get into an argument about it, its quite sad but amusing.

My little brother (I say little but he recently turned 13, he is officially a teenager) has gone away on a school trip. They took 15 kids from his year who are doing really well in school as a treat. He's in the top classes for all his subjects and the teachers are really impressed with is work and attitude so we're all really proud of him. I'm liking being able to watch whatever I want without him interupting, but I miss him. Sssh! Don't tell!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

those bad girls are something else..i can't believe they would come on tv and let the world see them acting out..LOl but i am glad they do cuz i am a reality tv junkie too..AI is good this year isn't it?
Have a good week
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I'm just the opposite when it comes to TV.  I don't want to watch any reality shows.  I want a story, an adventure, a fantasy.  But then I really watch very little of anything on TV any more.  I think I understand what you were trying to say about how you feel about Adam.  Love can surprise us, especially when it comes to what it does to us, through us.  Don't worry about babies.  When the time is right for you, you'll know.  And when you do, I promise the reward will be worth any complication.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Ain't love grand?? It's not explainable, really....just revel in it, and enjoy!! The good news is, if it's right, it will continue to grow, and last and last forever.

Oh, and as a mom who gave birth naturally twice with two episiotomies (what you call "tearing," LOL, was really the doctor cutting a wee bit to allow the baby's head out WITHOUT tearing), I have to tell you that for me, anyway, everything went back to normal afterward sex-wise. Don't let fear of stretching (lol) keep you from having babies!!!

Glad to hear all's well in your world, Shermeen,
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

WTG to your brother...I had been so out of commission the last three weeks it was unreal...My daughter had been sick to...she is now back in school..and we have the stomach virus that has started it's course here...she left saying she had a tummy ache so sent her with a note letting them know...I hate when they get crazy when they have been out of school sick and start making demands on you as the parent...grrr...anyhoooo...I just love that you are in love...LOL...I was thinking about you yesterday...so funny and here you make an entry talking about how in love you are.  As always you are in my thoughts and prayers!  Have a great week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hey, girlie, I'm a lot like you i read journals but don't always comment lol.  (its hard to type when you have a baby  in your lap)  I love that love truck, it still hits me at times too.  As for tearing and hot dogs down hallways it all depends on how well the dr. stiches you up.  so the whole labor thing if you have an epidural isn't really the major thing its the being able to take care of the kids as they grow, and give them the love and attention they need :)  I too LOVE watching America's Top Model!  Well I gotta go chase after my toddler :)
Blessings
Trista Marie
http://journals.aol.com/trinity773377/MyLifeAsISeeIt/

http://astampinjunkie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Shermeen, good to have an entry from you, My favorite show now is Cold Case, I am obsessed, lol. Glad things are good between you and Adam, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Aww.. how sweet-you are visiting Adam for Easter..  So is my cousin-she if flying down from Lisbon to see her boyfriend here in California...  Young, spring love!!  You have plenty of time to have babies--don't let those T.V. shows scare you.  If it was that bad, NO ONE would have babies.  (It isn't--just ask for the epidural, okay?)  Julie :)  

Anonymous said...

How lovely to see Adam again for Easter!...I bet you can't wait for that...or him!...(Im selfishly thinking now...oh good...more pics!) lol...I bet you do miss your little bro as well, I have one and he was a pain in the butt but I always missed him!...Linda x x

Anonymous said...

I think I watched the same show, was it Dawn Gets A Baby? I admit, I was in tears when the baby was born!
Love Sam xXx
http://flaccidrock.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...