Wednesday 13 May 2009

The First Day

It's been a long time since I've written anything here, I guess I kinda forgot that I had a blog in the first place. So much has been going on and let me start firstly by saying, I'm MARRIED! But not to Adam...only joking! He moved over here in January and honestly the time has flown by so quickly. We got married on April 18th and it was a truly lovely day, I have pictures on my kodak page so anyone who would like to see them just let me know your email address. It was a rather small civil ceremony, just close friends and family. But it was everything I've wanted for such a long time, it was Adam and I making a promise of forever. I'm so glad that he's finally here, we've both waited a long time for this to happen. But we still have a bit of a journey ahead of us, we have one final step in the visa process that will allow him to stay permanently and start working. And then, I think, we can feel like more of a married couple. We won't have to worry about being countries apart anymore and can finally start doing things we want. The only reason we have finished applying is the £665 charge that goes along with it. Boy, when we fell in love I had no idea how expensive it was going to be. Plane tickets and phone bills and visa applications. And then, when we apply for my visa to the US in a couple years, we get to do it all again. I can barely stand the waiting process, the not knowing if a visa entry clearance officer, thinks that you're relationship is genuine. If they think you're going to financially support your spouse. It's not a bowl of cherries, but Adam is certainly worth it.

Since Adam has been here, we've had a few small rows. Usually he'll storm off somewhere to calm down so we can discuss things. But I find I don't usually get all angry and heated like he does. Its funny because its a whole other dynamic fighting with someone in person, we never really fought when we were visiting each other. We would much rather use our time soaking up as many hugs and kisses as possible. But I love the fact that we're both determined to sort through our problems and find a compromise. Today's compromise involves me going to the gym and eating right, which of course I know is good for you. I just wish it was such hard work! I do want to loose weight, I don't feel that just because we're married now I can do whatever and look however. But I've just not been motivated or bothered of late and I guess that it really bothers Adam. So, in an effort to be healthy and have the body of a 23 year old not a 33 year old, I'm going to the gym and cooking chicken salad for dinner. I do want to try and stick with it, but we'll see.


2 comments:

Ms.Emily said...

so glad to see an update from you!!!

I hope that the visa paperwork goes through smoothly I could not imagine trying to do all that paperwork. I hate any kind of paperwork period!

LOL

ox

Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and Adam and hope you have a wonderful life together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...