Monday 21 February 2011

What is going on in this world!?!

Every once in a while I read strange stories in the news that make me wonder what is going on in this world. Today I read about Estibalis Chavez, who is apparently desperate to attend the royal wedding, so much so that she is going on a hunger strike. I don't even know what to think about this, is it possible that this teenager from Mexico is more patriotic than your average Brit? Who let's face it, is only thinking about the extra day off work. I honestly don't think there are a lot of reasons why I would ever go on a hunger strike. Sure, to save a loved one or even the world. Maybe even as part of a new crazy weight loss plan. But I can say with all certainty, not to attend the Royal Wedding. Wanna see the Royal Wedding? That's why I own a TV and apparently, with HD it feels like you're in the room!
Of course, for me the most insane story so far this month has to be that of Terry Allen Lester I found it, humorous, scary and ultimately creative. But still it makes me wonder, what is going on in this world! I'll keep an eye out for any other strange stories but I don't think anything else will come along this month to top Terry.

I'm still working on myself, trying to find a new job because I really need something that pays a little more than my current employer. In order to save for the next coming months and pay bills, I need to be working a full time contract which they can't offer me. In all the years that I've worked for the company this is the first year that I've really noticed a slow down. People just aren't spending their money, which given the economy is understandable but it also makes it a bad time to work in retail. I have no idea what I'm going to do for work once I get to America but I know for a fact that I hope to avoid a retail job at all costs.
I'm also working out, which is the reason I'm so super sore. I can't afford a gym membership anymore but I've been working out to my dvds in the comfort of my own home. Which is nice because you don't have the added pressure of having strangers look at you. I've got a few work out dvds but I just invested in Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I love The Biggest Looser USA and of course, Jillian is my favourite trainer. I always hope someone on her team wins, Bob is cool and everything but I think Jillian takes more time to get to know the contestants and get to the root of their weight loss problems. Let's hope she can help me. Her work out is pretty tough, most certainly intense but if I want results it's gonna hurt.

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

I have a friend doing Jillian shred I hear it really works !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...