Thursday 10 March 2011

Prostitute Laundry

I spent most of today, actually all of today, doing laundry. Our washing machine had broken down earlier in the year and so I'd let a LOT of clothes pile up. I'm getting through them all slowly but surely, ironing and putting them away as I go. Hoping this will save me time in the future. I still have a lot of towels and bed sheets to wash. And I also have to go through and thin the herd, I have a lot of clothes that I don't and won't be wearing again, which I plan to donate. I have an awful lot of t-shirts but part of my weight loss goal is to get out of sweatpants and t-shirts and in to some sexy clothes!

I actually hadn't realised just how much weight I've gained over the past three years, it's really quite shocking when I look at pictures. I guess, day to day it can creep up on you. And I'm also a fan of the belief that once you have a boyfriend/husband, you start to let yourself go. I think its true, only because you forget that you should still want to catch the eye of the man you love. I hope that when I see Adam again, he's impressed. And ultimately, I want to feel more confident, which I do not right now. I'm still letting Jillian Michael's kick my butt via dvd and it's getting easier day by day, though I'm still not ready to progress to level two yet.

The job hunt feels like it will never come to an end and I'm having to be practical in what I can honestly accomplish in regards to immigrating, if I don't find a new job soon. Thankfully, Adam is working and can help.

I miss having my husband here, last night I had a dream that someone broke into the house and so of course, I couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour. Every little sound made me jump and living in London, there are lots of little sounds. To be honest, I'm not sure why it would make me feel more comfortable to have Adam here because it's virtually impossible to wake him up sometimes...still, having my big strong husband would have helped.

Tired, sore, hungry...time to call the husband xx

2 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

First off I hate ironing!!! I think the last time I ironed I was in England!!

I just grab it out of the dryer and either hang it straight away or fold it, this eliminating the need to iron!! LOL

Secondly, they say when you are married and happy you gain wait...so that means you are married and HAPPY!! LOL

Thirdly, I made the same resolution years ago and its about the only one I've stuck to, I NEVER wear sweatpants out of the house no matter HOW much I want to or how quick of a trip it might be!!!!

Kait said...

I know the feeling of doing laundry forever! We don't have a washer/dryer so we let it pile up for about 3 weeks and then have to spend an entire day on a weekend doing it! Not fun. I am looking forward to owning a house with a washer and dryer (hopefully soon!).

Good for you for keeping up with your butt-kicking dvd! I need to get on that bandwagon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...