Thursday 7 April 2011

Just Keep Swimming

Life has been a little dull lately. With each passing day I'm finding it more and more difficult to feel motivated or enthusiastic about anything. I'm having a difficult time which mainly stems from not having a job and struggling to get by financially. There have been so many changes in the last year and it's so difficult to constantly roll with the punches, I feel like I'm getting beat up by Mike Tyson. 



Of course, I have no option but to keep trying. Though for a few days I did get into the funk of not getting out of my PJ's, which is never a good look.

Summer is on the way, the weather over here is actually quite nice sometimes and I always feel guilty that I don't get out of the house and enjoy it more. I am a homebody and being alone at home is always pleasurable for me but once in awhile it's nice to go out and enjoy myself. Which is hard because my closet friends don't live in London anymore, I do hang out with a couple people from work which is nice. Just spontaneous drinks after work and a chat, reminds me that I am human and allows me to maintain my social life that is hanging by a thread. 

Whilst I like looking to the future when my immigration process is over and I can be with Adam again, I constantly have to remind myself that, that's in the future. For now I have to concentrate on getting myself together. Getting a good job so I can pay bills and save. Focusing on things that will be helpful for my personal growth and development. I just don't know where to turn, how to get on the first rung of the ladder. Sometimes I really don't like that life doesn't come with a map or a tour guide. 

I've also become accustomed to staying up until the early hours of the morning. I used to hate it when Adam was here and he'd stay up until 3am and then wake me when he got into bed. Or he;s go out at 4am for a walk and I'd wake up, find him gone and start worrying. I never understood then how horrible it is to have nothing to do. To not have a job that you're waking up for the next morning. Whilst I'm not completely out of work, I get a few hours a week, not having a full time job does not suit my personality. I need to be busy. I need a job that is demanding. Whilst I'm a homebody, I don't like sitting around all day looking for jobs with nowhere to go. Maybe I'm a walking contradiction, I don't know. I'd like to go to work all day and then come home and relax. The comfort and privacy of my home, a sanctuary if you will. 

I haven't worked out yet this week, again my motivation has disappeared. I haven't told Adam yet because it's so typically me to get bored of working out. I don't like doing it at home alone though, if I could afford the gym and classes at the gym, I'd be there all the time. Also, I enjoy playing tennis, I just don't have anyone to play with. 


I feel like my entries have a depressing theme to them. This is a difficult time in my life, one that I've not faced before but I can be certain it won't be the only difficult phase in my life. I have to learn to get through this. "Just Keep Swimming"




So, once again I will try and end this entry with five things that I'm happy, excited, thankful about;

1) my Sex & the City 2 rental arrived and I can finally watch it!
2) talking to my husband tonight will surely cheer me up
3) my niece and nephew are staying this weekend
4) it is not my day to wash the dishes
5) the sun is shining!



3 comments:

Hannah said...

1. You can get through this! I promise :)

2. I'm lovin' the new look of your blog -- looks great!

3. I love Finding Nemo!

Hannah said...

Hey Shermeen! I just read your comment on my guest post. I replied to it but wanted to make sure you saw it!

In my reply I told you to go watch this video...

http://lds.org/general-conference/watch/2011/04?lang=eng&vid=879844073001&cid=9

Brown English Muffin said...

Though your entries might seem a little down I've noticed TWO things that you might never have understood had you not been experiencing this chapter in your life.

1. You said that you never realized how hard it was for Adam to have to look for a job day in day out and now you do.

Sometimes it's nice to walk in the shoes of a person to really truly understand what they felt. Without this chapter in your life you never TRULY would have had the same empathy for Adam that you currently do, and I know this has to make you love him just that much more for enduring it for as long as he did.

2. Now you are mentioning that you hated Adam waking you up at all hours of the morning, and now you totally understand the feeling of having nothing to wake up for in the morning.

To me once again you've had the blessings of getting to walk in his shoes. Not everyone gets to experience this...many marriages fail because one person simply can't understand what the other person has experienced and sacrificed.

Lastly, I know that it's hard right now, but it's true what they say that it will ONLY make you stronger. Where would you be as a person if you never got to experience the downs with the ups? You'd be a very shallow, narrow minded ignorant person who didn't have a clue on the real world right outside their doorstep.

You're doing good...keep your head up and I just love your new blog look, I just wish I could click on those adorable pictures on the side so I could see the bigger versions!!! But hey that's neither here no there, at least I get to experience the pictures no matter what!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...