Thursday 16 June 2011

My Insanity!

A couple posts back I mentioned that I'd avoided getting my new passport because of the charges but my wonderful husband paid for it so that I could order my police certificate. My old passport had an awful picture in it which I'd taken last minute so that I could get it back in time to go on a class trip to Atlanta, GA. As promised, I've got a picture of my embarrassing passport picture. Every time I show it to someone they always laugh. Adam says I look like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons in criminal get up. I'm surprised that it didn't give me more trouble every time I flew to the US but as the man pre-checking my passport says, the cheeks are the same!



I know that my blog is going to start to sound like a broken record of me constantly complaining about the slow process that is US immigration. I get frustrated at every twist and turn simply because I don't know where I stand, what is happening. When we started this process in Jan we were told to expect the whole thing to take about 6 months. Up until about March is was, then suddenly an update on the website says that we should expect it to take up to 10 months! Next we learn that our petition is not being processed in London but has been sent to Rome so that it can be processed in a "more timely manner". And now we discover that despite the website saying petitions are adjudicated in the order they are received, people who filed after us (in Feb) have received their approvals.
I am about ready to scream! Lol! It is slightly crazy of me but I just hate living in Limbo. And having Adam visit for a few days really set me back in how well I was dealing with the distance and getting on with my life. I'm hoping that I hear something soon. Next week is five months since we applied and also my birthday! I'm going to be 26...ouch! 

I am excited. Last year was the best birthday I'd had in a long time...maybe ever and I doubt it'll top it but I'm looking forward to going out to eat with some girlfriends. Of course, I'm moving on to the "wrong" side of 25, ever closer to 30 but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I don't have to have it all together right now. I have time. Adam and I will be creating our life together and I'm looking forward to that. I've been working on my "30 before 30" list, once it's complete I'll post it.

Adam has been moved to second shift at work so right now he works from about 4pm until 3:45am. Means we have to change our schedule of when we talk, it is strange for me to go to bed without him being the last person I speak to. He's adjusting to it and since we're apart he doesn't seem to mind too much but once I move he doesn't want to still be working such hours. Anyway, off to call the husband. 

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I love passport photos! Our youngest lost 40 pounds after we moved to Russia. Whenever we traveled the passport control officials would giggle at his photo and call others over to have a look at it as well. He was thrilled when was old enough to get a new photo taken and not have the fat baby face picture any more!

Thinking positive thought about your paperwork and hoping the process speeds up so you two can be together again!

Brown English Muffin said...

I just love how in love you two are....it always makes me smile!!!

Are you sure it's all on the part of the U.S. Immigration??? Why does it have to go to Rome???

I swear you should have come over on a student visa and applied once you got here.

BUT all good things come to those who wait...and yours will def be worth waiting for!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...