Saturday 11 June 2011

You Call This An Update!?!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


When I got married I honestly thought I would never have to be apart from my husband again. We'd already spent five long years doing the long distance relationship and frankly, we'd both reached our limit. The thing I'm discovering about life is that your plans don't matter. Unexpected bumps are around every corner, I suppose it's all about how you handle though bumps. Putting Adam on the plane back in January was horrible and it took me a long time to recover from the heartbreak. If I'm frank, I was actually mad at him for not being as distraught as I was and being able to make a life in TN without me. Which, I know, was the reason why he left. But for the first few months I found it incredibly difficult to be without him. Needless to say that I was over the moon when he came back. We had less than a week together and the time seemed to fly by much faster than I would have liked but it felt like he never left.

Drinks with the friends...you can see my work in the background.




My Family

The husbandly one and I.




We met with some friends for drinks and had a nice catch up. I've forgotten how much more fun I have when I go out with the husband. We went to play pool and Adam is "serious" about pool. Sometimes, when we play he'll let me get away with not calling my shots and sometimes gives me an extra go if I really play lousy. But not always, most of the time he upholds the rules and he didn't like the "sneaky" way us girls were playing.

Last weekend my niece celebrated her 6th birthday with a bbq bash which Adam was able to attend. Its funny because all the kids were really excited to see him again, especially my nephew who got very upset when it came time to say goodbye to him. Nathan and Adam had their ups and downs in the beginning but they really are peas in a pod. They both love watching Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel and are generally interested in the same things.

My Two Beautiful Nieces; Chanae 4 and Syan 6



The Birthday Girl trying out her new present.

Birthday Beauty with her parents and grandmas.

The Troublesome Two. Nathan 6 and Chanae 4

Nathan LOVES Bop-It. He is obsessed with beating my high score...he's pretty good though.
 
Chanae decided that she wanted Grandma to put some beads in her hair for the party.
The time I spent with Adam here was great and it just makes me long for the day when I'm approved to move to the US and we won't have to worry about being apart. Of course that day is still way off in the future. This immigration journey is taking a lot more out of me than I thought it would. Emotionally, it is incredibly draining. On my birthday it will be five months since we filed an I-130 petition with the USCIS in London. We found out last week that our petition had been forwarded to Rome for processing so we are still waiting to hear the outcome. This is only the first step in the journey. I will still have to apply for the actual visa and have a medical and interview before we find out if America will accept me. 

I'm going to try and update properly later in the week, for now I just wanted to share some pictures. And of course I have lots of blogs to catch up on.






4 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your husband for at least a little while!

In the future, this will all seem like a short blimp in your road. :)

And your niece is ADORABLE! I love her little princess outfit!

Alida Sharp said...

Glad you two got to spend some time together. And hoping that the rest of the process goes quickly so you can be together again full time!

Brown English Muffin said...

So glad that you and Adam got to spend some well deserved QUALITY time together....hear you talk about him really proves absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I can't wait for you guys to be together...really I can't.

It's funny seeing the family picture your niece and nephew could actually pass for your kids! I can't wait for you guys to have kids!

Kait said...

YAY for getting to see the husband!!! :) :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...