Sunday 12 February 2017

Champagne

Cocktails & Cupcakes







I upped my Vodka game this weekend with the addition of Champagne; because let's be honest, bubbles makes everything better. 

Last week I stumbled across a pin for French 75, a gin based cocktail with champagne. I was instantly intrigued & immediately knew I wanted this cocktail in my life. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that lately I've been making Vodka Martini's on the weekend but I've been wanting to make other vodka cocktails too. Enter French 75. I'm not a big gin drinker but since gin & vodka are so easily interchangeable, a plan was hatched. 

I also realized that champagne cupcakes would be the perfect accompaniment to my champagne cocktails; because when is more champagne ever bad?

Answer: when you wake up the next morning with a headache to remind you just how much alcohol & sugar you consumed. Still totally worth it! 



I was so fortunate to spend time with some good friends this weekend. Manicures, shopping & Thai food. Since Thurston has been out of town for work, I've had little human interaction outside of work. Which I'm usually okay with but there is only so much talking to the dogs a person can do before their sanity is called into question.

This week, I shall hopefully do a little more reading & perhaps a little more blogging. And of course, try to come up with what cocktail to make this weekend. I really enjoy baking and bringing a little alcohol to the party is always a plus. Maybe it's the Brit in me...or maybe it's the lush. 



Until next time xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...