Sunday 16 December 2007

Living in Grinch Land

 

 

Every Who                                                       
Down in Who-ville
Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Grinch,
Who lived just North of Who-ville,
Did NOT!

The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

Do you think that the weather has an effect on a persons personality? I'm feeling strangely like the weather today, COLD & MISERABLE! Ba HumBug!

I don't know, I get the feeling that i'm waiting for something to happen or change? For something to be different...but deep down I know nothing will change. Next year will be pretty much the same as this. It'll go by just as quick and i'll be in exactly the same place. No, i'm not feeling very optimistic. I guess I missed my sprinkling of hristmas hope and cheer. Working in retail will do that to a person. Ba HumBug!

Things between Adam and I are complcated too. I'm sure that its not just in my head that he's been a little unreachable of late. I'm hopeful (wow, guess I do have a little hope left) that once he goes back to Florida on Monday things will be better. We'll see.

I've done a fair bit of my Christmas shopping, I've just gotta buy some stuff for Adams family. Gotta do that before Tuesday to get free shipping in time for Christmas. Also, you guys will be getting your Christmas cards after Christmas because i've been too lazy to go to the post office. Sorry. But its the thought that counts. Ba HumBug!

Its so cold outside...but not too cold for me to go and get a beer. After today, I'm certain I need one.

We got our Christmas tree last weekend and its sitting nicely in our living room with dozens of pressies underneath. I'll try and post a picture in the week.

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry there are no Christmassy pics or graphics in this entry but...Ba HumBug!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW!  I know the feeling...remember our family Christmas tradition is the ending year fighting..snickers.  Maybe something good will come for you and Adam this year..be nice when he gets to you full time!  Have a good rest of the weekend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel......working in retail has that effect on everyone.  LOL  This is the time of year when retailers work the hardest, for the same amount of pay. (Trust me, I know, I am a former Wal-Mart employee!  LOL  Don't fret; things will calm down in a little while! :-)

Love,

Adrian

Anonymous said...

I get the blues when I don't see the sun for awhile.  That can add to the feeling of gloom.  There's nothing more miserable than unending clouds, rain, snow, whatever.  Chalk it up to the weather.  I'm sure you're feeling a little low because Adam and you have an ocean between you.  Don't worry, this is all temporary.  This too shall pass.
Love & Best Wishes,
Renee

Anonymous said...

I used to work in retail during Christmas, and now my daughter is...  It's a bit stressful, and people are just plain rude.  Just today someone almost took my cart away before I could take all my bags out.  Crazy..  I hope the Christmas cheer bird comes over and shoots over some hope for you..  Take care now---  Julie :)  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...