Sunday 23 December 2007

Me? A SuperWoman???

Aren't all women SuperWomen this time of year? I mean how do we manage to always get what everyone wants and pull of a great dinner and look fab doing it???

 

 

Well, I'm feeling much less Grinch like. I think its just the stress of working so much this past month that's taken its toll on me. It is more money, but honestly, this past month I've had all sorts of customers. Those that just won't take no for an answer...won't accept that I can't give them a refund...those that won't accept that I can't pull a Nintendo WII from my butt...thsoe that won't accept that I have a fiance. It just kinda puts a damper on Christmas when you're dealing with that stuff day after day. And some customers really take the biscuit (pls tell me taking the biscuit isnt just a British term otherwise none of yall will understand what I just said), super demanding. But I know none of you guys are like that when you're stressed over the holidays. I mean you'd never take it out on an innocent walmart employee would you??? lol!

I guess we all kinda go a little coo-coo over one day! lol! I mean, Jesus has the biggest birthday bash, but He never turns up, never blows out the candles. I guess when you're as big as he is you don't need to turn up.

Still haven't posted those Christmas tree pics that I wanted. Who knows, maybe i'll get to it in the new year, which coincidently will be when your xmas cards will arrive. Still haven't made it to the post office. It's a good thing yall are of the opinion that its the thought that counts! :)

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and of course i'm working. I hope you'll have happy holidays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!!
The wonderful holiday season has a way of turning some angels into assholes.  Don't take it personally.  Christmas has become so commercialized, people get so snotty and forget what it's supposed to be about.
I knew what you meant when you said "take the biscuit" even though I've never ever heard that before.  Stateside, we say "takes the cake".  
I don't know how those wonder mommies make Christmas wonderful and pull it off looking fab, baby.  Cause, I have managed to get out of cooking a single Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner for my whole life and I'm 39!!!  hahahahaha...I get others to do it!  My husband cooked a wonderful turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes today.
Tomorrow, we are going for a feast at my husband's aunt's house.  she insisted!!  It always goes that way for me at holidays.  I love it!
Renee

Anonymous said...

My daughter has been working in retail for the past year and a half, and for the first time has to deal with Christmas shoppers...  It's not pretty!  Two ladies in line got so mad at eachother that one threatened the other with a can of mace.  Happy Holidays!!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear Shermeen
hugggggggggggggs!
I hope you and yours managed to have agood holiday! So sorry tht you had to work sooooo hard!
love,nat
p.s. sherms don't you want to host my blog sometimes?
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Aren't you writing for some paper too...or were you wanting to...I can't remember...I say as good as you are at writing you sould so pursue that angle!  Wishing you a great weekend..trying to get to my BF's j's that aol is not alerting me too..didn't get this alert so am reading it for the first time..LOL...I did see the video and it was so cute!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...