Saturday 1 December 2007

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?

 
 
Hello December... I can't believe that this year is almost over. Where does the time go, seriously. I think later this month I'm gonna have a good think about this year, about 2007. So very much has happened, things I didn't expect EVER to happen. Some good things, but mostly bad things. Such is life. But I still feel blessed for so very many reasons and I hope that in 2008 I'll take the lessons I learnt this year and do better.
 
I started writing my Christmas cards yesterday and I've the addresses of most of you already, hopefully none of yall have moved otherwise a new family will be getting your Christmas card. But of course, i'll send an online Christmas greeting too.
 
We've been so busy at work recently, leading up to Christmas its to be expected. I like the holiday season but it sure is draining and working so much is making me more susceptible to colds and coughs. I don't like it but I can't afford to take a day off sick. I'm really in need of the money.
 
I've done most of my shopping but there are still one or two things on my list I need to get. I got Adam a nice thick jacket for when he moves to England, I'm not sending that over though cause it's too heavy and will cost me a small fortune to mail. There are four cd albums that he's asked for, Adam and I have VERY different tastes in music. I like to say mine is good and his is bad but i'm sure he'd say his is good. I'm certain i'll regret buying him these cds, I mean I always do because he'll just play them over and over and over again until I get to the point where I wanna step on them 'accidentally' or scratch them so they don't play. I know, i'm evil! I'm also making him a story book, back in '05 he made up a love story for me and I copied it down. Well, I started making him a story book of his story...I just never finished it. It took me ages just to do the 4 pages I did, lot's of cutting out and colouring in. Well, I reminded him of it yesterday and he says he wants me to finish the story and send it to him. I have to have it done by thursday saturday (next) because that's the last day for mailing things to the US and having it arrive on time.
 
For Christmas I've asked for a white gold charm bracelet, i've wanted one for years and he wants to get it for me. That way every year or special occasion he can get me a charm to add on. I'm also hoping for Carrie Underwoods 2006 cd, i'm in love with the songs Before He Cheats & Jesus Take The Wheel. I know, download it, but I like supporting the artist...and I guess i'm old fashioned in liking to have the cd to hold.
 
 
Next week is my work Christmas party, i'm really looking forward to it. I've got to get my hair done, buy my shoes and get a firming body. I need something to suck in my butt, stomach and boost my boobs. Apparently, even the celebs are wearing these things and they work wonders. You can get the ones just for your tummy or your tummy and butt but because I want a nice silhouette I'm going for an all in one. I never really get to dress up so I'm looking forward to it, i'll be sure to take my camera and post pics!
 
Well, i'm gonna go work on Adams card then get some sleep for my day ahead tomorrow. I had 2 starbucks coffees today, still yawning at 6:30. Don't think i've had a good lie-in forever! Its nice though because now i'm able to get up around 8:30 without too much of a struggle. Recently Adams been having a hard time getting himself outta bed for work. He's supposed to start at 5am but often he goes in for 7am instead and other days he doesn't go in at all. Its kinda an issue because we really need the money for the visa, he's thinking he might need to work when he goes to Florida just to have a little more money. Now, Adam usually has really good work ethic and i've said it to him. I think its just that because he'sa temp he earns really good money and he doesn't get in as much trouble if he doesn't turn up. He know he's making good money so missing one day doesn't mean as much as it used to. But we've talked about it so i'm hopeful he'll do what he needs to.
 
My neck and back is killing me, I slouch too much...also on my Christmas wish list is a plane ticket to NY so I can get a massage by Becky!!!
 
 
 
Happy Holidays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A message sounds good...LOL..hope you have a very good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

A message sounds good...LOL..hope you have a very good week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Good grief Shermeen, what a beautiful entry!you two always bring out so many interesting, good and creative qualities in the other! wonderful!
Happy Holidays!
love,nat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...