Thursday 29 November 2007

Together Forever

 

My latest project is getting Adam here for good, I'm not sure if its fair to say its our lastest project cause we seem to have been working towards this goal forever. We just haven't gotten any closer. We have decided though to go with a fiance visa.

I'm not sure if anyone's familiar with what a fiancé visa to the UK involves so i'll give you the 411 (i recently discovered 411 means info so whenever I can I like to use it).
 
The minimum age to apply is 18...personally, I don't think i'd be ready to get married before 18...I'm not even sure that i'm ready to get married at 22...more on that one later. The sponsor (me) has to be present and settled in the UK. We have to show that we have met...don't think we'll have a problem there...We have to have adequate maintenance and accommodation without recourse to public funds. After the marriage there has to be adequate accommodation without recourse to public funds in accommodation which we own or occupy exclusively...just fine by us, not many couples would want to start married life living with family.
 
There is a long list of documents we have to submit with his application, supporting evidence of our relationship and intent to marry and ability to live without government help. Once the visa has been issued we have 6 months within which we need to get married. The visa application costs $1050...and here's what I think is the BESTEST YUMMIEST part...if his application isn't accepted, we DONT get back a penny of the money.
 
Adam wants to apply in the next two weeks so that he'll have his visa for early january, so i've a lot of running around to do. Oh and since we'd like to have a Church ceremony....guess who's going to Church Sunday?
 
The thought of being married to Adam thrills me to no end, i'm super excited...its the thought of the wedding that brings fear. Everyone else is far more excited than me and i'm starting to think something's wrong with me. In theory I love thinking about dresses and flowers...but today the thought of trying on a dress filled me with fear. I felt like a little girl trying on her mommas heels. Just kept thinking I was too young for wedding dresses. Again, i'm starting to think something's wrong with me.
 
I did see a few wedding dresses today that I'd been admiring online last week. Augusta Jones. Somehow I dont think i'll be getting one since they're far more than i want to spend, but maybe for our second wedding in 2010.
 
  
 
I'm most certainly a fan of the covered shoulders look and i'm loving lace and beading. Adam & I won't be able to afford to get married the way we'd like, the way we deserve and so we plan to have a committment ceremony in 2010 when we're ready to move from England to America for good.
 
There seems to be so very much going on at the moment. More than I could even begin to go into here. I also think that its the right time to be going back to Church because if ever there was a time in my life I was looking for guidance and support and reassurance, it'd be now.
 
I was hopeful for this year to be a good year but it turns out this wasn't to be my year. I'm hopeful for next year. I know that eventually it has to be my turn and so i'm staying optimistic. Hope yall are well. Thanks for stopping by & be sure to leave a link.
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my tummy cringed when you said if the visa is not accepted, you don't get the money back...I know it will be accepted!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it has been so long, I am happy that this may be happening for you and soon.  I felt the same way when I was getting married and I had been living with Spike for 5 years at the point, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now.  The dresses are fabulous and I can't wait to keep reading more.  Good luck.
Katie Jane

Anonymous said...

It will be accepted...how exciting and also a very nervous time as well...we all have butterflies...I am so very happy for you and thrilled..Yeah!!!!!!  Have a good weekend..and get to that church!  LOL.hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherm :)  How exciting!!  I wouldn't fret about his visa not being accepted. :)  those rules are for people who truly don't know or love eachother.   It will be money well spent.  I was in a similar situation--I got married civilly by a retired judge, and 4 monhts later we had a church wedding.  Some churches require a 6 month marriage course before actually getting married--you might want to look into that.  It's normal to feel a little nervous.  Those dresses you have there picture, are very pretty and elegant. :)  Take care, and congratulations!  :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

You guys will be ahppy and look beautiful no matter what you are wearing!
those dresses are elegant, but maybe for later , like you said!
love you,nat

Anonymous said...

Okay........my money's on the THIRD dress, the one that the Paris Hilton-like chick is wearing! LOL  I love that cream color, the lace, the "mermaid" silhouette....BEAUTIFUL!

Congrats on yours and Adam's engagement!  It IS exciting, and scary at the same time.  Don't feel badly because you are having the jitters....marriage is NOTHING to take lightly.  I know that you will decide what's best for your life, and do what's right.  You've got a good head on your shoulders, Shermeen.  And kudos to you for knowing WHERE to go for guidance!!!  He SHALL lead you in the direction you need to go in!  

Love,

Adrian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...