Wednesday 31 October 2007

Living in Limbo

I really need to update my journal, the pictures in my about me section and my "other journals" section. But you know when you just can't be bothered? Its been almost three weeks since I ordered broadband from AOL...my wireless router still hasn't arrived yet. I'm giving them until Friday before I make a call, we've had a postal strike and I know that did affect the post some but it should be here by now. Anyway, once I get my broadband back everything will be much quicker and I'll be able to visit journals. As it stands at the moment it just takes ages to load anything with lots of graphics and I can't watch any of the videos you guy post. I know, its horrible. But isn't it funny how a few years ago just have dial up internet was a luxury? Just having regular cable set you apart. Now its all high speed internet access and hundreds upon hundreds of channels that you can pause and rewind all without a cassette or dvd. My how technology changes. Let's hope we start getting cures for cancer and reverses for pollution.

Things with me of late have been...ok...I still feel like my journal name is fitting because I still feel like i'm stuck in the middle of where I want and need to be. And I think i've passed that feeling on to Adam, the past few days he's been feeling really anxious and restless about not being here yet. About not have a concrete plan or schedule for when he can be here. I find that slightly amusing since a long time ago he told me he wasn't the planning type, that he'd rather fly by the seat of his pants. But I think the whole, three almost four years apart thing is getting to him. I don't know what I'd do if we got to five or six years apart. Immigration is tough, really tough. And its hard to know where to turn for legitimate support that isn't just about how much money they can get from you.

I've been working so much lately, trying to save money and pay off some bills. I've come to realise I don't like working...I don't dislike my job but I'm not into the whole getting up everyday, working 9-5, coming home, cooking, sleeping, getting up everyday, working 9-5...you get the picture. That's what I don't get about people who win millions on the lotto and then continue working. I think you all know where i'd be if I won the lotto...oh and of course, i'd have a wonderful destination wedding to which you'd all be invited...ok, can't start thinking about what would happen if I won the lotto cause i'll just end up in a funk.

Well, I don't suppose I have much of anything to say. Gonna head over to Facebook and then get ready for work. I hope everyone in Jland is doing well, i'll be stopping by soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing worse than living in limbo, Shermeen - it's just such an unsettling feeling. And for you two, not knowing for sure when you'll even get to see each other again is not fun. I hope you'll be able to make plans soon, so you'll have something to look forward to! That can make the waiting go by faster....

Have a great day,
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

shoot I would settle being the guy who came up with facebook or myspace...LOL....Wishing you a great day...can't wait for you to get your highspeed up and running...If you will the lotto remember to invite me to that big wedding...LOL My sister that I met on my vaction to meet my dad wants me to go to Veges...l would so love to...who knows maybe i can do it...her birthday is 2 days after mine.  Have  a great rest of the week..have fun on halloween!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

you know, you need to get a job like mine...and work the hours you want...of course, I need more hours!!!! I worked 2 hours yesterday and made $100....not too bad!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Shermeen!  Always nice to get a journal update from you!  You won't stay in limbo forever!!  Be well, and take care.  :)  Hugs - Julie

Anonymous said...

glad to read your entry Sherms...do you celebrate halloween?

Take care,
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/11/01/yayy--d/1739

Anonymous said...

glad to read your entry Sherms...do you celebrate halloween?

Take care,
Gem :-)

http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/collage/entries/2007/11/01/yayy--d/1739

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...