Tuesday 30 November 2010

First hit of snow 2010

I've been sick the past few days, which is never a pleasurable experience. I don't usually get a full on stomach flu, so this was something I was not expecting and not at all prepared to deal with. But given the time of year, I guess it was due. Of course, my family avoided me as best possible. Only Adam visited me in my den of sickness and even gave me kisses on the cheek. At least my husband was willing to stare bacteria in the face and keep loving his wife. Thankfully, I didn't pass it one to anyone else...least not yet any way.
I have come to discover that I don't enjoy being confined to my bed, it is the most boring experience. I did spend a great deal of time sleeping but even then, there are so many hours you can sleep. Television is abysmal at this time of year and I don't have a good book to read (must visit Amazon tomorrow). I suppose I should take this as a lesson to stock up on multi-vitamins during the winter season. Today we got our first hit of snow and I am so glad that I had the day off work. In fact, I haven't stepped out the the house yet today. I say, yet, but really I have no plans to leave the house at this time of night. I always say, after a certain time of night anybody out on the street isn't looking for anything good. And when it's snowing out, that couldn't be more true. Inside warm, outside cold. Simple.

I currently have my fifth load of laundry in the washing machine and I still don't feel like I've made a dent. I guess its officially time to put away all my summer clothes and get the knits and thermals ready. Of course, I don't feel like I even had a chance to enjoy some of my summer time clothes but that is usually the way it goes. And I suppose the major bonus is that I can start my plan of loosing weight for next summer!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...