Saturday 20 November 2010

Full Plate!

Do you know how in every relationship there is one responsible spouse and one "fun", "laid back", "fly by the seat of my pants" spouse. Well, I think its more than fair to say that in my relationship, I am the responsible spouse. You know, the one who remembers when the
credit card bill is due or to buy toilet paper when we're out. Where as Adam is the one shouting out the bathroom door for me to bring him soap.

I don't dislike being the "responsible one" but it does get kinda old when I'm constantly being told that I nag and mother him too much. I'm not an obsessive person who needs everything in their place but everything in its place just makes for an easier life.

At the moment I am kind of stressed out. There is just too much going on and too much on the schedule ahead. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like problems and especially doesn't like to wallow in problems. Instantly, my main thought is how to handle a problem and make it go away. So when something is out of my control and I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs, I hate it.

Actually, I am a controlling person. Just a little. I just asked Adam if he thought I was controlling and he said that I'm probably just controlling enough to balance out his nonchalant attitude.

Maybe that's how it is supposed to work, maybe that is why we work. We balance each other out, it is true that one of the reasons why I fell in love with him in the first place is because he is different to me. He is more outdoors than I am and exposed me to camping and fishing; I didn't hate the camping but fishing is boring! And I suppose I exposed him to city living; which he hates, none too happy to witness the "social decay of the city" as he so kindly says.

I am obviously a city girl and that is all I've ever really known. However I am looking forward to starting out somewhere new. A different kind of lifestyle and a different pace of living. And honestly, more and more I'm thinking about starting a family and I wouldn't want to do that in a city. I don't think there was anything wrong with it 10 years ago, but now...well, I can only speak of my city and I understand why Adam says there is social decay. It's a crazy situation when groups of teenagers control and bring fear to adults. I think Adam is looking forward to moving to a town where teenagers don't talk back to police officers and don't gather on streets intimidating, mugging or attacking adults. What can I say, that would be a whole new experience to me!

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

Oh boy does this post sound familiar!!

I make to do list as long as my arm, then I sit back and wonder who'se going to do all the things on this list?? ME!!

I'm like you, I like things in their place not because I have OCD but because it's nice to need it and know exactly where to go to find it!!!

I find myself being controlling not out of desire but out of necessity. I would much rather be the one who was carefree and know that my spouse was in control of the toilet paper and soap, but hey I can't hold my breathe on that one.

I think a controlling person is someone who will not give UP control no matter what and I'd LOVE to give up control to my husband....any day now would be just fine!! LOL

Don't get too disillusioned though about the U.S. no matter what part you go to. Every country has it's groups of young teenagers terrorizing people you just have to know where to live to be far away from it, and yes usually the further from the city the better!!

Now that i think about it where exactly do you live? Brixton???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...