Sunday 15 May 2011

Drunkard Debauchery...Again?

This morning I have what they like to call a hangover. Not feeling most fantastic but I did have a really good night out last night with some girlfriends. You always have that moment when you wake up and bit by bit your memory of the night before returns and the cringing starts. I met some good girlfriends for some good wine at a local haunt that we haven't yet outgrown. And call it destiny or just an additional reason to get sloshed, it was karaoke night! 


Lil Ole Me singing Mr Garth Brooks




Maybe it's just me but I prefer it when people aren't fantastic singers, I find it more entertaining. Its the same reason I only watch American Idol during the audition stages, when some people believe themselves to be fantastic singers when in actual fact they blow. There were a couple people who successfully belted out ballads, others who sang feel good songs badly but had everyone singing along and of course, there were the smear test bad singers. 


Lady J letting us know Club Tropicanas drinks are freeeeee




In homage to my Southern husband I sang Garth Brooks "Friends in Low Places" just because how fun is that song! My lady J sang "Club Tropicana" and my lady "M" sang Beyonce "Irreplaceable". Which incidentally was one of her songs that I was dancing around my bedroom to yesterday morning. Note to self and anyone else without common sense, it's not a good idea to try and booty shake whilst you have a hot curling iron in your head. Ouch. 


Lady M directing us to the left...don't ask about the guy behind her, too odd!




Honestly, the singing was just icing on the cake of a very fun night. It's nice to get out and have a good catch up outside of work and ultimately, if my visa does get approved, I want to spend as much time with my friends as possible before I leave. 


Me and Lady J chillin




And of course, we talked about boys. I'm starting to wonder if a group of girlies can get together, enjoy some wine and not talk about boys. The question of where and how to find good guys. I do think that I'm lucky to have found Adam because it really is slim pickins! Sometimes I ponder on the fact that I didn't date more guys and have that experience but at least I didn't have to kiss too many frogs to find my prince. After hearing some of their dating horror stories I realise that I'm blessed to have my punkish husband. I really never did that dating thing, unless you count one terrible Valentines Day where too many cocktails were consumed and drunken kisses and vomiting took place...not necessarily in that order either. I don't count that as a date. 




Me and Lady EKB enjoying our wine




Lady EKB enlightened me to the fact that I was clueless about the hookin-up bases. First Base: Kissing...Fourth Base: Sex. The bases in between are not something I could write about unless I had another couple drinks!


Lady M, Lady L and I. I work with the bestest ladies.


Its clear that all my friends want to get married, Lady L has her wedding and baby names planned out. But doesn't every woman? I know that long before I knew Adam existed, I had my dreams of meeting my prince and falling in love. Getting married, kids. All that jazz. And of course, once I did meet Adam, I fully embraced the girlie art that is signing my name with his last name all over my note books.

It was a fun night of singing, dancing and drinking. It seems that in this pub they have a total of 4 wine glass. This is not in any way an underestimation, they actually only have four wine glasses. Perhaps I'm fussy or perhaps I'm actually taking in some of the things my mother tells me but you can't drink wine out of anything other than a wine glass. Well, you can. But you shouldn't. I was not happy when they gave me this to drink my wine out of;


One of only four wine glasses in the place and my mixer glass.


Lady Ms wine glass and my mixer glass. Perhaps my glass size has something to do with the fact that I got very sloshed! Every time I went to the bar I asked if they had a wine glass, three trips later, they did!


Me, Happy to be drinking out of a real glass!



Yes, I am THAT excited over a wine glass! At the end of the night us girlies left very tipsy and most certainly merry. Lady EKB found a guy who caught her eye and for some reason I ended up writing his email address down with my eyeliner, must remember to pass on his details. He's on FB so I think some Facebook stalking might be required first, beer goggles can be a very dangerous thing when handing out your details!


I'll post some more pictures later. 

My younger brother went to get his hair cut yesterday. Now to most people this isn't a big deal but my brother is sixteen and he's never had his hair cut in his life. My mum is not at all happy that my older brother has decided that it's time to take Lil Bro to get his hair cut off. One would think that since it would mean she no longer had to braid it every week, she'd enjoy that extra time. Alas, no. I've yet to see what it look like due to my night of drunkard debauchery but I'll be sure to post a picture. I imagine it'll be strange to see the "new" him.


Since I have this weekend off I've been roped into cooking Sunday dinner. As I type I have roast beef cooking in the oven. Downside is that I've forgotten exactly how long ago I put it on so it might end up being very well done. We shall see. I've got a real craving for an Eton Mess and whilst I was toying with the idea of making the meringues myself, I might just run up to Tesco and buy some. 










I became Bi-Sexual for the night because....


This fella was making a move on my friend and she didn't wanna know...I think mixed signals maybe?


But then he left and she was branded Sherms' Bi*ch!


End of the night, on the way home silliness.
So much hasn't been said because as silly as my girlies were, I was just as bad. Its the wine code not to spill! xx

4 comments:

LYN said...

glad you had a fun night out!
well deserved!!

Brown English Muffin said...

I think you and I would get along just fine...I LOVE wine...I'm a wine drinker when I go out, you can keep all the hard liquor if you ask me!! LOL

I can't believe they only had 4 wine glasses WHAT????

I love Garth Brooks...do you like any other country music?

The pictures were hilarious but clearly show you were having the BEST time! Which you deserve!!

It still fascinates me how much later in life Europeans get married and have kids...I think it's important for one to take their time enjoy their life and figure out who they are.

What the heck is Eton Mess??? LOL I'm off to google it!! LOL

Brown English Muffin said...

Everything ok?

Eve said...

Hee, looks like a fun night out (thought I'd have a look at wine-related posts after your comment on my leaving do post!). :)

I've actually never done the girly thing of imagining my wedding, or signing my name with my boy's surname instead of my own - one of my friends had to point out that I could legitimately do that as I was now engaged. I'm such a boy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...