Monday 9 May 2011

I think that life is made up of lots of little "Should, Woulda, Coulda" moments.

I have a lot of Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda moments.


I shoulda taken a year out before going to University so I could really take the time to think about what I would like to do for a career. I've spent so many years flittering between courses not sure what direction I want to take my life. Of course, If I hadn't gone straight to Uni, I wouldn't have met Adam (or at least met him when I did).

I woulda taken the time to let Adams brother know just how much he meant to me, if I had known that he would be killed. I met Adam through my friendship with him and I would want him to know how thankful I am for that. I also would have encouraged Adam to resolve an argument with his brother before moving out of state. Rather than assuming, like so many times before, they'd reconnect in time. It's easy to forget that you don't always have time.

I coulda made better choices at many stages in my life. I coulda focused more on myself and not put others well being ahead of my own. I coulda made smarter financial choices, I coulda kept going to the gym. I think the coulda list could be endless.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks about all the things that they missed out on and didn't get to experience. I could list so many. But I think the trick with life is not looking at all the things you didn't do and be thankful for all the things you did because that's why you're where you are now. Of course, I suppose that only works if you're happy with where you are now. But to get to your destination of happy, you're going to make mistakes and have a few regrets. I guess some are easier to live with than others.

I think hardest question to live with is...

           What If???



3 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

I had the "aaah ha" moment on New Years Eve that I need to start putting myself first and not others.

I felt like I was constantly getting burnt by putting others first and they never seemed appreciative of it...this year life has been a lot less stressful putting myself first rather than others.

LYN said...

what happened to Adam's brother?

Sherms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...