Monday 11 July 2011

Guys don't make passes at Girls who wear glasses...unless they happen to like girls who wear glasses!

Whilst I haven't been avoiding sitting down and writing a new post, finding a decent topic in which to write about has been a chore. Which blogging should not be. I came up with a few ideas;

1, My Weak Bladder: as the subtitle might suggest, I have a weak bladder. I have one gnarly scar on my back and one on my inner thigh that I gave myself in desperate attempts to pull my tights down before the flood starts. Adam enjoys ribbing me about one particular occasion when I didn't make it to the bathroom. We'd been out with friends drinking and by the time we got home I was bursting. I did tell him that I needed the loo but he took his own sweet (drunken) time opening the door...well, like I said, I didn't make it all over the front steps. I will need to invest in Tena Lady when I'm old.

2, An English Muffin is NOT like a Crumpet: If you're my Facebook friend you probably didn't miss my post about my mockument (mock argument) with the husband about what an English Muffin is and what a Crumpet is. I went round in circles trying to explain it to him but in his Yanky eyes, since you put the same things on them and they look similar, they must be the same. Which sidelines me into;

3, Adams desire to ALWAYS be Right: Even once I'd proved to him that they are different, he couldn't (wouldn't) back down and admit that he's wrong. Which really, I'm the same. We're terrible for turning around and saying "actually, I was wrong". We'll both keep going knowing that we sound like an absolutely Donkey. But luckily we know each other well enough to just laugh it off. Of course, that doesn't stop us bringing it up later to laugh at. Adam enjoys humiliating me by saying "Isn't Veal a baby Seal?"...Yes, at one point in time I was silly enough to think that Veal was a baby Seal and though at the time, in my head, it seemed like a perfectly logical question. I now realise it was foolish. Especially considering the fact that I'd eaten Veal before. Just once, it was delish but never again.


4, Country Music: A couple entries back I'd mentioned my singing debut at a local hangout on Karaoke night, singing Garth Brooks. Now, I'm not a huge country music girl (yes, I do plan to move to TN. Home of country music and Jack Daniels) but I do like some songs. Obviously Garth Brooks. I like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood though I'm not sure they count. There is another song that Adam introduced me to (played over and over and over) that I like by David Allen Coe. Check it out:


I should mention that the last verse is my favourite!


5, Fornication Friday: This is a little something that Adam and I used to have back when we first started our relationship. It would basically revolve around me getting sloppy drunk with my friends after class on a Friday and writing him suggestive postcards and letters. We hadn't remembered it in a long time, there seems to be things that fizzle out over time in a relationship. Like the silly little nicknames we had for each other; SugarBear and SugarButt.


Well, after looking at the things I came up with the blog about, it didn't seem nearly enough to entertain the mysterious internet people out there. I mean, if you're gonna take 7 minutes out of your day to sit and read my blog...perhaps over coffee and a donut like me...then I at least need to make it entertaining. And then I realised where I've gone wrong. Someone wise once said ( I have no idea who, do you?)


Write What You Know

Well, the only thing I can really know about is my own life but the trouble is...I don't really got one right now. Thus, when I was on my way to work on Saturday and I received a text from a friend inviting me to her house party that night, I said yes rather than my usually sorry I can't make it. Whenever we get together we always have fun, the laughs flow as the wine flows and we have a good night. I FBed (Face Booked) Adam and told him I'd call him later as I was going over to Lady Js for a house party. There were quite a few people there, a lot of people that she worked with that I didn't know but once I got nicely sloshed, it really didn't matter. Of course, they were all teachers or teaching assistants and I have come to discover two things. 1, I know too many teachers and 2, they are the biggest lushes I know. But perhaps the kids drive them to drink.
We listened to music and played swing ball, as it turns out I am way more competitive when I'm drunk than sober. And I didn't end up getting home until 4am which didn't turn out well considering I was working the next day. Yes, I went to work with a hangover. Not my best decision. And what is it about a hangover that makes you want to eat nonstop? I do believe that McDonalds is the champion of hangover foods. I also believe that I am too old to be getting drunk like that anymore, my body takes a full 24 hours to recovery and I just don't have that kind of time! Enjoy some pics from the night out:


Emma & Monique

Emma, Monique & I. And the wine!



Emma, Monique, Jade and I

Monique playing Swing Ball.

The Swing Ball Champion...not really, I cheated.

Me, Jade and Monique...nicely sloshed!

Nicely sloshed and posing silly!


Me and Jade's overweight pup!




And also some pics of my new glasses!






I posted on FaceBook that "Guys' don't make passes at girls who wear glasses" and my friend commented to say "unless they like girls who wear glasses" so that gave me my title for this post. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful & very happy.
~Mary

Alida Sharp said...

I love all the photos of you and your friends and I love your new glasses!!

Hannah said...

Speaking of glasses...very cute!

Mila said...

Looks like you had fun. When my babes gets a little older maybe I can have a night like that again.

Here is the tip I used to make my button.

http://forblogs.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-blog-button-with-boxed-code.html

let me know when you make yours so I can add it to my page :)

Sweet Lily said...

Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing, I truly enjoyed the visit. :)

Tins said...

one statement got me: mcdonald's IS the champion of hangover food! cheers to limp fries and a sundae after 5 bottles of beer!

Hannah said...

hahaha the argument about english muffins and crumpets made me laugh :)

Eve said...

Apparently it was Mark Twain who said to write what you know. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...