Monday 18 July 2011

Immigration Update

It has been a couple of weeks since I've posted about our immigration journey. We were approved for the first stage back in June and I received my case number last week, that officially means that we're on to the second stage of the process. I've already gone ahead and booked my medical for next week and after that all that is left is for me to send in the application forms for the green card and wait for an interview.

It has been a long road or at least longer than we expected. And certainly longer than Adams immigration journey to the UK. At the moment I don't have too many emotions roaming around. I'm not yet nervous because I have nothing to be nervous about. I expect the medical to go fine, no commutable diseases and my vaccinations are all up to date. In fact, I'm not too worried about the interview (at the moment) simply because Adam and I have been together for seven years and we have nothing to hide. My blog is basically the open book of our relationship. I'm sure as I get closer to the deadline of moving, the nerves will start to kick in. I've never lived anywhere else so moving country will be a big step. But I prefer to look at it as just joining Adam. And I'm so ready to be with my husband again. I'm also lucky that I have such wonderful in laws who I like and are assisting in my application process. My MIL sent me just the sweetest email the other day which cheered me right up when I was feeling somewhat blue.

Adam is totally selling TN to me. He is under the impression that I will love it, even though I'm a city girlie. I will keep and open mind and try my hand at fishing and hiking and shooting and whatever else. I suppose I can't really say I don't like something if I've never tried it. I only live once!

12 comments:

The Cat Hag said...

Good luck with everything, hope you will be reunited with your hubby soon! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Unknown said...

Good luck and best wishes your way!

Hannah said...

What a journey this must be! I can't imagine how it must feel to be separated from your husband -- but you seem to keep a really good attitude... And now, the end is in sight! You go girl! I'm sure you will settle into the Southern USA quite nicely, and the reunion between you and Adam will be so, so sweet :)

ms.composure said...

good luck with everything!!! im sure it will all turn out the way you want :-)

Mila said...

I hope things get moving a little faster for you. I've never been to TN but i'm like you. I'm a city girl! But hubs loves to be close to the mountains so he can go hike and see nature. We are still trying to find a happy medium.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! What part of TN? (I'm a new reader :)

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

♥ good luck with the rest lovely! x hivenn

Brown English Muffin said...

you'll absolutely love it....I'm what they would call a city girl but I always yearned for the country....so for me where I live is perfect...a hop, skip and a jump to any environment!!! I can't wait, im so excited for you!!!

Alida Sharp said...

Moving country is not that bad...there may be some culture shock but I am sure you will do fine!

Best wishes!!

Hannah said...

You'll be "right around the corner" from me!! :D

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannette said...

I've just found you on FB's AOL Journal page.I'm sure you'll love TN, I've been there twice when I was visiting the States. There's so much to do over there and your inlaws will no doubt be ready to help you settle in. Good luck with the move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...