Thursday 7 July 2011

Still Standing

 
 
Today marked the anniversary of the July 7 bombings. A day that will not be forgotten. In the world today there is always the possibility of something tragic happening. But it doesn't stop most people from getting on a train or on a plane. These people filled with hate will not stop me from living my life. 
 
I am officially exhausted tonight. Throughout the day I've had lots of grand ideas on what I could blog about. Little things that have happened that I wanted to share but now that I sit here after my second glass of wine, I honestly find that I'm ready to crawl into bed, read a couple more pages of my book and then go to sleep!
 
I actually spent a great deal of the day finding new blogs to read. I'm always on the lookout for someone who writes in ways that is amusing or about things I'm also interested in. If I find a great blog I'll usually follow right away but sometimes I'll leave a few comments with a link back to my page to see if they're also interested in my life...which is kinda unfair cause I'm barely interested in my life. It seems like I'm constantly whining. Which perhaps I am. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up my new glasses. I went for an eye test last week and not to my surprise I need a stronger prescription. She actually told me that my left eye is weaker than my right...I guess my droopy eye totally makes sense now. I picked out a couple frames which is no easy feat because I can't stand in the mirror and decide whether something suits me or not. Last time I just had my little brother choose because I couldn't. This time I was on my own and I unknowingly ended up choosing the same frames as what my mother has now! Oh dear, no offense to my mother but I hope I'm not turning into her already! 
Will be sure to post some pics of my new specs tomorrow. Any excuse to get my camera out and get snapping again.

Well, this is me for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow!


 
 

4 comments:

Kait said...

I definitely get anxious before getting on planes after 9/11. That day shook me to my core for a few reasons. Scary.

My left eye is worse than my right too! Thankfully it's not that bad and my right eye balances it out enough that I don't need glasses. At least... not yet :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in on you & Adam in forever. I hope the glasses fit the problem. And no, you do not seem to be constantly whining.
~Mary

Hannah said...

I am interested in your life! I enjoyed this post/your writing style. Looking forward to hearing more :)

ms.composure said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! and yes this country boy i found is def different from anything that i am use to but we have alot of fun and he def keeps a smile on my face!! hope you stop by again! loving your blog!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...