Monday 24 October 2011

I like to be in America...

...Westside Story style..

You'll have to forgive me guys, it's been some time since I've sat in front of a computer and this keypad is taking a little getting used to. There are a few differences to our British one AND there is no sign for pound sterling..what the?

Anyway, as most of you know, I know reside in Knoxville, TN. I'm still struggling with wrapping my head around the fact that I'm not just on vacation, that I'm going to be living here for the forseeable future. That I'm going to be building a life here. I lay in bed this morning thinking about my England home, thinking about what the building looks like. Wish I had taken the time to snap a picture before I scurried away in the early hours of the morning. I'm constantly thinking about people back home, friends and family. Random people I would often see in the neighbourhood. Wondering if they even notice my absence. The world keeps on spinning. People keep on living their lives, just with one less person in it...Me.

I have been in the USA for just over a week now. I have;
*just received my social security number! Woo hoo!
*eaten at Dennys (not as awesome as I rememebr)
*had some great BBQ
*eaten beef jerky for the first time
*had my first s'more
*got a touch screen phone (I broke, it just looks so pretty)
*had an awesome weekend away with the husband
*learned to live with a kitty around
*fallen in love with the two new dogs my in-law have
*drunk red wine with my MIL
*gone for a walk in the woods with the husband (I freaked a little)
*kept in contact with my friends (thanks FB)
*had lots of hugs and kisses with the husband...which was the whole point of moving in the first place.

I'm gonna try and remember the details so that I can update via email on my phone. I know this is a really short post BUT remember to keep in contact with me on Facebook. I think I have a few new requests to accept but I should get to that today. I hope all my blogger friends are well xx

9 comments:

Eve said...

You beat me to it, lovely! :D I've been staring at my half-finished post for the past two hours, heh heh!

So glad you're there and are having fun with the husband. I hope it continues for a long, long time. And the SSN news is fantastic! Will be great to hear about your job-hunting escapades.

Speak soon! xx

Unknown said...

Great to hear happy notes!

Hannah said...

Where's the photos?! :)

LYN said...

How does it compare to Florida?? I have been to Tennessee several times but don't think I would want to live there..I am not a country girl at all...

Alida Sharp said...

I am so glad that life is going well for you in the states!!

Hannah said...

i'm so happy for you :) can't wait to hear more about your adventures in America :) we aren't that far away now!

ms.composure said...

aw so good yo made it safe!
and dennys is def not as good as other places!! and smores are def my fav!!! you def gotta try some REAL mexican food sometime!! oh and lets not forget my little heaven on earth place...its called coldstone...you MUST find one...LoL

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you're finally in the states and finally with your hubby. i'm sure it was an awesome feeling but i'm sure you might get a tad overwhelmed too what with all the differences.

keep us updated! and snap photos!!! :)

Brown English Muffin said...

I am soooo happy to see this post...so happy that you got your social security number...

I konw what you mean about sitting there wondering where you are, remembering it's not a vacation.

Do you know lsat week I had a dream so vivid I had to wake up look around and remind myself I was in the U.S., now mind you I've been here since 1992!! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...