Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sherms in the Middle of Leaving London

I haven't written a proper post in awhile, I think since the interview everything has been going full speed in the lead up to my leaving England. I don't think I've had much time to really sit and think about how I'll feel once I leave, which is a good thing because it won't do me any good to get all upset. 
Even though we've waited more than eight months for this day to arrive, it still feels so sudden. Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing the husband and starting to build a life together there but it just feels like everything is happening so fast. I suppose it's because I didn't really allow myself to believe that I would be approved until I actually had my passport with the visa in my hand. I am excited for the future, for all the possibilities. But I'm sad too because there are so many people I'm going to miss and so many things I'm going to miss out on.
I spent my last weekend in London with my niece and nephew, they had an extended sleep over, Friday through Sunday. I'd spent a little time with them during the week, I went to watch my niece do gymnastics and my nephew play football. The Friday evening they came over and we ate pizza and watched Despicable Me; honestly, if you haven't seen that movie, go and rent it. It is a children's movie but it is hilarious. Nowadays you find so many kids movies have adult undertones, little suggestive phrases that are meant to go over the children's heads but make the parents laugh. I'm not a fan of those. But this is a classic, funny kids movie.
Saturday we baked cupcakes which I let the kids decorate and of course, being the competitive little bunnies that they are, they wanted to see who's cupcake everyone would prefer. I had some good friends come over to say goodbye and my aunt and uncle stopped by too. The weekend was more fun that emotional, like I said I'm trying to keep it all together. Bless my niece, she is convinced I'm not leaving. She keeps saying that she told them not to let me in. Then she had a plan to hide my passport and front door keys. Finally she settled on coming in my suitcase. I'm not really sure if she understands that when she comes over to Grandma's next, I won't be there. 

 
 


I'm still trying to pack my suitcases and figure out what I can take with me now and what I'll need to leave behind for the time being. Hopefully over the next few days I can get my ducks in a row because I really don't have much time left! Yee! 
I'm gonna go and visit my God Mother today to say goodbye. I have to head over to the doctors surgery to order a repeat prescription for my pill. Lots more washing and packing clothes. And more goodbyes I guess. Enjoy the pictures and I'm gonna try and post another vlog answer later tonight or tomorrow.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow! goodbyes are emotional but cheers to your new life in TN!

Hannah said...

How exciting :) Good luck with everything, Shermeen. I hope your travels go smoothly. It will be SO wonderful to see Adam again! You'll be in my prayers -- so excited for you! :) :)

Eve said...

Good luck with everything, lovely. You will be okay. However hard the goodbyes are, as soon as you're with Adam, you will know you did the right thing for you - and you will see your family soon enough, I am sure! :) xx

Mila said...

Oh sherms, It's really happening for you! I remember what it felt to move away from my family. It was hard and I was in the same state! When you get here, we should exchange addresses, so we can write! Your niece and nephew are beautiful!

Brown English Muffin said...

This post made me so sad...made me want to cry....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...