Saturday 20 January 2007

Dreeeeeam, Dream, Dream, Dreeeeeam

 
Thought I'd update again.
 
Adam's job interview went well, he's going there on Tuesday to take a weld test. They basically just want to see his abilities, I tell him all the time that he's the best welder I know. Granted, I don't really know any other welders, but I know my baby is very talented. He might get a slight pay rise to what he's earning now which is always a plus.
Thanks to everyone who sent him good wishes.
 
It would seem that you all have differing opinions of mediums and whilst some of us are a little afraid, others openly embrace them. I most certainly do think that its a pretty cool gift to have though. Still, contacting the dead might freak me out a little. I like watching Ghost Whisperer, but I wouldn't want to be one.
 
Ok, I promise this will be the last thing I say about weddings for at least a week!
Ideally, I'd love to get married in Florida. If you've ever been there, you'll know why. It's just beautiful. And I'd only want my immediate family (as in parents and siblings) and closest friends to be there. And flying out to Florida is one way of ensuring that! But small and intimate is just more my speed. It'd just be so afraid of insulting someone if I got married here and didn't invite them. Trust me, I wouldn't want to spend 10,000 on a wedding. I'd make the cake myself or get my friends mum to do it. And take a course in flower arranging and just do as much myself as possible.
 
Lisa (warts & all) asks whether i'll be moving or Adam will be moving. Well, he's trying to move over here for a little while. Its not easy, but he wants to experience living in another country. And also, i'm not ready to leave my family just yet. But ultimately, we hope to live in Florida in the not so distant future. I'm sure i'll get used to mosquitos.
 
The other night I had this dream, highly confusing so I can't really explain it all, but it scared me. Really scared me, to the point that it woke me up and just freaked me out about being home alone. Out alone. Or awake whilst everyone else is sleeping. guess who sleeps with a bat under her bed now!
 
Well, in this dream two things stuck out, so I looked them up in a dream book that my mum has. I don't know much about dreams but i thought i'd share.

First part involved Adam (though it wasn't Adam, if you get what I mean) asking me to marry him and showing me a selection of engagement rings (crap, i said no more about weddings). Which in itself isn't that important but later there was a riot of kinds and my first priority was to save the ring, even over saving my little brother who might have been in the riot. So i looked up rings.
 
A ring appearing in a dream usually signifies a relationship of some sort. A wedding ring suggests a union and a promise. A ring belonging to the family would represent old traditions and values. An engagement ring suggests a more tentative promise of devotion. An eternity ring would be a long-term promise. A signet ring would indicate setting the seal on something. A bull ring suggests and element of cruelty.
We all need some kind of continuity in our lives, something which gives a sense of long-term comfort. A ring holds this symbolism because it is never-ending and is self-perpetuating.
Like the circle, the ring signifies eternity and divinity. The Whole.
 
 
The second part that stuck out involved being chased by a crazy person with long knives and I was trying to run home before he saw me and attacked me. So I looked up being chased.
 
Dreaming of being chased or of trying to escape is perhaps one of the most common dreams; usually we are trying to escape responsibility, our own sense of failure, fear or emotions we can't handle.
 
Then I looked up knives and swords.
 
A cutting instrument in a dream usually signifies some kind of division. If we are using a knife we may either be freeing ourselves or trying to sever a relationship. If we are being attacked with a knife, it indicates either violent words or actions may be used against us. In a woman's dream this is probably more to do with her own dear of penetration and violation, whereas in a man's dream it is highlighting his own aggression.
It can be important in a dream about a knife to notice what type is being used. For instance, a table knife would be interpreted very differently to a swiss army knife. Both are functional, but the former would only be appropriate under certain circumstances, whereas the latter might have a more universal application.
A symbol of division. Possibly a 'joy division' in the spiritual sense. That is, although we are on our way to achieving what we want at this time, it is not making us particularly happy, sp there is confusion as to which road we should have taken.
 
The sword in dreams invariably suggests a weapon of power. We may have the ability to create power and use energy properly through our beliefs.
The sword symbolises justice and courage as well as strength. For the image of a sword to appear in a dream indicates there is an element of the warrior in us, and that we are prepared to fight for our beliefs.
Spiritually, the sword signifies the power of authority and protection. In dreams to be given a sword signifies that we have the protection of the sacred. We are able to make our own decisions.
 
 
Sorry for all that long stuff. I think I can take little bits of what was said and relate it back to my life. I think that often dreams are really powerful in the sense that they can convey to us what we're feeling and trying to suppress.
 
Ok, I'm whittering on. I don't suppose I've a whole lot of stuff going on. I'll be in Florida in about a month, which I am looking forward to. Everytime I visit Adam I wish I could hop a plane to Kansas or Ohio to visit Terry Ann or Lisa Jo. I dont think I'd ever have to travel North to see Lisa (warts and all) because she'd much rather visit the UK.
 
I think i'm having trouble with my kodak software because it hasn't been letting me transfer pics to my comp. But I updated a whole load of stuff yesterday so if it works now i'll take pictures of where I live and show you guys. I love looking at pictures and seeing the US, gives me an overwhelming longing.
 
Have a great weekend guys.
 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

<licks danger zone> i love u

Anonymous said...

I was being chased in my dreams - sort of.  I was assigned to protect this little girl and she was being chased - so, of course as her protector I was also being chased.  Mmmm, that tormented mind of mine is letting me sleep and just messing around with my dreams.  ::sigh::  Imight have to look up some of the meaning for my dream.  You got me wondering now

Monica

Anonymous said...

I know you`re getting psyched for your visit to Florida!
Such strange dreams.....
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

Shermeen, I hate when I have scary dreams, enjoy your Sunday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Why is it we always long to be where we aren't?  I love to be there, you long to be here.  LOL!  I don't like Florida AT ALL, but then again, I hate the heat.  Not that they are having "normal" Florida weather there right now, but usually it's pretty darn hot and muggy.  Better get some good hair products before you move there that's for sure!  Even people who don't have frizzy hair frizz.  I think that would be exciting if Adam came to live with you there.  He can see how he likes it, but if he is a long time Florida boy, he may end up hating it and missing FL.  

Dreams are amazing aren't they?  I always try to remember mine, but most of the time I can't since I take meds to sleep.  I do remember mine when I take a nap though (no meds) and they are FREAKY most of the time.  Your interpretations sounded pretty right on though.  Chasing dreams are always scary or trying to save someone.  The trying to save someone dreams happen a lot once you have children.  Just goes along with being a Mom and a protector.

"Whittering" on?  LOVE IT!!!  You and Ainsley have the cutest sayings!  I want to start using them here, do you think people would understand me?  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So , basically the dream says your going to have some sort of fight with someone ? The knives, the chasing...and then the ring. Strange. I have a book like that.
Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Orlando was the pits of hell in terms of heat and rain. I never want to go back there but there are parts of Florida that are pieces of heaven on earth and i have spent THOUSANDS to get there and be with the ocean. I can see you happy and glowing there.....i hope his weld test results in a job.
That dream was a wild one.....i think its cool you can see what a dream means....and Wow, if you came to see me i would be flying high with happiness!!
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

You go Adam!  :)  The wedding stuff, I tell you I will never be bored or anything negative, about you talking about your wedding.  I think that is an awesome thing for you to talk about, and to share, with us j-landers!  :)  Wow, dreams info, I used to look up dreams, there is so much info on dreams, here on the computer, I had look many times.  Your mind has been on weddings for a while now, so your mind dreams of the negative stuff cause you are so afraid that your wedding whether it be the plans or the actual wedding won't work out the way you want.  So it will be ok, your brain is a powerful thing that has so much info in it, that sometimes it gets a little overloaded and dreams awful stuff.  Your wedding will be awesome and you and Adam will live happily ever after.  For now have a great time in Florida next month, and love love love!  I lived in Orlando, Florida back in 1987-90, I moved from there when I was 16, not wanting to because I absolutely loved Florida, but had to go where mom and dad went!  But if I didn't move from Florida to Oklahoma, I wouldn't have met my love today!  So things happen for a reason!  :)  Anyways, to make a long comment short, ;)  lol  You have a great ime in Florida, with your hunny and free your mind, cause before your and Adam actually get married and live together as one, there will be many more awful, beautiful, weird, don't make sense dreams coming, so be prepared!  :)  
much love and big big hugs to you, Vicky

Anonymous said...

Shermeen...  Go to HAWAII!!!  Please--you must!!!  When I dream of babies, it usually means a wedding.  When I dream of weddings, it usually means a baby.  So glad Adam's interview went well!!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherms!
Good luck to him on the job interview! woohoo!
and I'm sure he'll do great!
I think dreams are an unknown when theyare that deep becasue i beleive that they often relay our unconscious deisres and fears.
Now if someone talks to you that could be different depending upon what they say! lol!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

Being excited about a wedding is awesome.  Don't ever not talk about it in your own journal.  We love to hear it.  Good Luck to Adam on the job.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Dreams excite me..Like last night, i had a dream..in it, i kept trying to call home, but i kept messing up the phone number.. MY OWN HOUSE NUMBER! a number ive known for ten + years..and in it, i was gettin so angry and mad at myself, thinking why couldnt i figure it out?...that confues me lol..anyways, share anything in here you wish to share girly

take care, talk to u later~

<3jackie

Anonymous said...

It would be wonderful to get married in Florida shermeen.  And I haven't seen a mosquito in months!  course I guess it does matter where you live....like if you live by the water...it's worse. lol  Weird dreams!  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

wow that was some dream! so sorry it scared you, they stay in your head for ages when they do that...you have loads on your mind...we love hearing about your wedding thoughts and also it is your journal!! glad Adams interview went well. be lovely to see your pics. I love looking at peoples photos...Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Hey girl guess whose Christmas card just came back in the mail.....Good greif...did they take their sweet time or what?????  So I guess it was more postage than I thought...Ididn't get Michele's back she is in my group and live n the Uk....Darn...Oh...well...still gonna send it out....but it will be a couple days cause...I have a horrid (cold?) in my lungs...grrr...just got so bad...man...and guess what...Mark quit his job...I am sure of it...yesterday he didn't go in and applied a couple places I guess...when they didn't hire him he said he would go back to work...but nope and he didn't call in...don't you just love how I up date you with my life in you J...sorry bout that...
Glad that Adam's interview went good.  My dad is a welder and works for piping and equipement for Cargill he makes great money...was not the greatest starting out...but then after many years he makes great money...has a pension with the union and one with his employer and a 401K...so will be sitting nicely when he does retire.  boy your are not kidding about teh mosquitos are ya...Well enough of my book took me a while to write this..had to take a break....lol..Carlie got a boo boo..then remembered..oh yea..I was writing a book to Sherms..heehee!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with talking about your wedding, it's fun.

Terra

Anonymous said...

I dunno if you should look into your dreams too deeply.. who knows if it really means anything. Does that sound terrible?  lol... I didnt mean it that way, really.

A word of advice.. do your wedding your way! I wanted a very small and private wedding, but because I felt obligated to include everyone else it ended up being rotten. So resist when people start telling you what you should do and do what you want. By the way... I love to hear about weddings, so feel free to go on and on...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...