Thursday 18 January 2007

ER starts in 15mins

 
 
Its been a while since i've updated. I've taken 76 alerts down to 12 in the past hour or so, but I think i'll save the rest for tomorrow.
 
Things have been pretty quiet and boring here recently. Just crappy weather and crappy work and school. nothing great. But I am looking forward to next month and seeing Adam. Having something to look forward to makes all the difference.
 
My sweet love had himself a job interview this morning. I won't know how it went until he gets home tonight, but i'm hoping he has some good news. Things are really stressed for him right now and he's panicked about moving out, trying to move over here. At the moment he's just not being paid what he should be and he's not actually getting to do what he's trained to do. He's gone to school, paid a fortune, to become a certified welder but the company he's with right now isn't letting him do much welding. So today he's gone for an interview with another company and if they're able to pay him more, he'll be changing jobs. I know its really want he wants, he's been talking about it long enough, so i'm hoping it all went well.
 
Today I stayed home. My mum had a psychic? fortune teller? i'm not sure what they're called, come around. And I was in charge of staying home whilst about 14 of her friends came around to contact loved ones on the other side and get a peak into their future.
 
I don't mean to sound sceptical because I'm not. I do believe that some people have gifts and clearly this woman does. I'm not sure how karma works when you're charging people so much, about $70. 
But I dont think i'd ever see a mystic. I don't think I'm at that point in my life where i'd need to. I'm only 21 and honestly, my life has barely begun.
 
I'm partly worried about what might be said, I won't pretend that i'm not. But I think, sometimes being told something might/will happen in the future can change so much in the present. I don't think I'd want to peak into my future, but just enjoy it as it happens.
 
Have any of you ever seen a psychic, would you?
 
Apparently, she told my mum that she sees a move to America in my future. Well, I could of told her that for nothing.
 
In my last entry I was talking about weddings. I'd love to get married in Florida, it's so beautiful there. But i'm not sure if my immediate family and friends could afford flying out there, if they could, then I most certainly would.
 
I don't suppose that weddings really need to be expensive and I don't suppose Adam and I will be able to afford anything lavish. I do worry about the amount of people, family, that will have to be invited. I wonder if we'd be able to cut our guest list down without offending anyone! There are two things that i've already decided that I wouldn't want to scrimp on, that's the venue and the photographs.
 
I suppose I won't be getting married for a while yet so I have some time to think about it and plan it and such. I truly love weddings, I love to see people declaring their love for one another, i'm a die hard romantic.
 
Lisa (warts and all) suggested eloping. Whilst it would be wonderful to get married on a beach in Hawaii, Adam and I did consider it, I wouldn't want to get married without my family there. Its really important to me. I want them there, I want them to be involved.
I'm really a very family orientated person.
 
I suppose i've gone on for long enough. There's a jland birthday coming up soon, someone very important to me. I won't say who they are just yet in case they're trying to keep it under wraps. I forgot to send out a birthday card and it'll never make it there now, mind i'm not sure if my xmas card made it there or not.
 
And I want to thank Gem who sent me a wonderful New Years card and a letter which just touched my heart so deeply.
 
Jland is a beautiful place. Such beautiful people inside and out. Thank you all for your kindness and support. Love you guys.
 
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jland is indeed a special place... I think it's cool your mum was having a reading..but I  am  a bit skeptic too...i hope that you will consider your family when you get married i would be heartbroken if my daughter eloped....
hugs to you sweet girl...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Shermeen, I would probably not pay to go to a phychic with the kind of luck I have, I probably would be sceptical of anything they told me too, Did you know Jorja Fox was on ER before for a few seasons, J- land is truly a wonderful place, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is lovely that you want all your family at your wedding...I hope Adam gets the job, even if he gets the same money but gets welding experience! he must be very frustrated at that! I did see a psychic once, and she said some very true things...even said my sons best friend says hi...she died at thirty and very suddenly, but she got her name...and several others! creepy! lol Linda xx

Anonymous said...

I wish Rick and i had eloped and been somewhere that was exotic and romantic but we were married in front of a judge here in town and it really was the pits. Just follow your heart and you will do the right thing. I hope Adam gets the job he deserves!
I would love to meet a medium and be able to contact Jessie. I wouldnt want to know my future...hell, my present sucks bad enough why have to hear about more bad stuff coming up?
Love you, i hope the weather and the job and all gets sunnier for you soon.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Ah Sherms! A dream entry! Lots of cool things  
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Hmm...  A person who can comunicate to the dead is a medium.  I have a good friend who is a very gifted medium.  After her last reading with me, I've decided never to be "read" again.  If you want me to explain more about that; please let me know.  Somethings are better left unknown sometimes.  You are young--why would you need to see a psychic?  There are so many phonies out there..you have to be careful.  I saw a few of them during a real dark time in my life; honestly, they didn't help me very much, but it was interesting.  Have a small wedding with your family--you might be surprised--your family may just fly down to Florida!  Take care :)  Julie  P.S.  I hope Adam gets good news about a job!  

Anonymous said...

So are you planning on living in Florida with Adam or is Adam coming to live with you?  If it were me, I would jump the plane and be living in England immediately.  But, that's because I live here and anywhere else sounds exciting to me.  

Yes, I believe in psychics and yes I have been to MANY.  I actually had one I would see 2 times per year.  She became my good friend but unfortunately no longer has her shop anymore in the town I love to just walk around in.  She just left without a goodbye.  It was a bit sad.  I read my own Tarot cards also and others.  I don't believe in contacting the dead though.  Let them REST is what I say!  LOL!  And, you are correct, they are VERY expensive, all psychics are.  I also don't feel you need to see a psychic unless you are making a major life change or thinking about it.  If you go and everything is just fine with your life, it's a bit boring and worthless.

About eloping, I said that but I have to admit my first wedding was a HUGE wedding.  Big dress and everything.  Every little girl dreams of a big wedding and being the center of attention and I wouldn't want to take that away from you.  It's a day that is amazing but goes by in 30 seconds it seems.  Not worth all that money.  But then again, I am older and wiser and had that already.  Todd and I were married by a Justice of the Peace and had a backyard barbeque type party.  That was nice.  Live your dream though, have your big wedding!

I thought that was very sweet by the way when you said you tell people that all you want to be when you "grow up" is a Mommy.  Not many of us our out there especially now when money seems to be the only thing people think about.  That just made me smile from ear to ear to hear you say that.  :)

Love you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that job for Adam!  I have never been to a fortune teller, and don't want to either, that scares me to want to know your future.  I will just be surprised whether it is good or bad.  My wedding didn't come close to 10,000, I would have like to if I have the money, but didn't have the money so it was a small wedding.  But it was beautiful and me and Kevin loved it so that is all that counts.  :)  
Have fun with the planning and I can't wait for you to see Adam!  I feel like you are me and I am going to go see Kevin way back 10 years ago when we were a thousand miles away!!  (smiles smiles smiles)  WOO HOO!
Love ya and big hugs,
Vicky

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a psychic, there was one that I would listen to on the radio I really liked listening to her.  People would call back and tell her she was right on about things.  There were a couple of times she would be talking to a person and then suddenly stop and tell them she wanted a private conversation with them at no charge.  She felt somethings weren't meant for the radio.  Anyway, I finally got the nerve to call her, I was told I would be the 5th person to talk to her.  I sat and patiently waited my turn.  Before she got on the phone with me I hung up!  I did so because I suddenly had a feeling there was some very bad news she would have to tell me and I didn't want to hear it.  That very day, I got word that my mom was killed in a car accident.  Since that day, I've never wanted to call or see one.

As for the weddings, I can honestly say the smaller weddings or the weddings that have been done on tight budgets and with a lot of help from families have been my favorite to photograph and often times those are the weddings that move me to tears.  Happy tears for the couple.  Yes, I get emotional at the weddings .. but, that doesn't stop me!  I never had wedding photographs and I don't brides to be without!

Good luck to Adam with the job!  Keeping positive thoughts for him.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Im a new reader here and you are really interesting.  You live in England? That sounds so exciting.  My dream is to move to Fl.  I live int eh midwest and the weather here sucks!  I hope all of your dreams come true.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...