Friday 12 January 2007

Hump Day Friday

 

I'm bored.

Its Friday night and i'm home alone.

I'm all of our alerts and i'm tired of school work.

I wonder how many liqueur filled chocolates i'd have to eat before I started feeling any kind of buzzing effect. I'm all out of my Christmas alcohol. I think I have one bottle of Rolling Rock left and a bottle of Asti Martini. I'm saving the Asti for something a little more special than boredom and one RR isn't gonna get me very far.

I remember once when I was in FL with Adam's family we went to the teenage Sunday school service before Church. They were talking about alcohol and why people drink. I felt like such an alien and/or alcoholic when everyones answered resembled; "people drink to escape their problems" (that one might be true in my current case, i'm bored, that's my problem), "people drink to be popular", "people drink because they can't say no", "people drink because they're alcoholics". On my sheet, I pretty much had; "people drink because they like it...because they want to...because it tastes nice".

I know sometimes, a nice rosé can turn a crappy around, least for me.

I didn't share my answers with the rest of the class. I wouldn't at all say I have a drinking problem, I do think lot's of young people do though. Its called binge drinking, just getting as drunk as you can, as quick as you can. Perhaps when I was 17 I could have fit into that category (17 was my wild child years).

Now, well I don't go out as much. And I don't drink to get drunk. It can help you unwind and loosen up, but i'm always aware that it can make you do things you really shouldn't do. And i'm aware of how vunerable i'm making myself when i drink.

Still, I don't think i'd be opposed to being a little tipsy right now whilst spinning around on the dancefloor in killer heels, singing loudly to whatever the DJ is playing.

So my Friday night will consist of...(insert silence)...exactly this. At least until Adam gets home. So Friday starts my series of Hump Days, I just need to get over the weekend and back to the week days. Weekends I have no life, at least on the week days I have work! (holds head in hands in despair) What has my life come to!

 

If you get numerous alerts from me tonight, forgive me, yes things are that bad!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Shermeen, sorry you are bored, I am bored too sick at home, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

aw bless ya! you send out all the alerts you want...we will luv ya till Adam gets home lol Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Hugs Sherms!
Hang in there Sherms!
It is so hard but you are a toughie and agreat person! I know you'll do it!
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

you have a good book to read? DVD's to watch?
Wish i was with you...we'd kick back and enjoy a few glasses of calming wine together.
love you,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I always drink a glass or two of wine in the evening.  It helps me to unwind in the evening.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a light buzz is nice.  I'm thinking of trying to learn something new during my down time.  I just don't know what yet ... it has to keep my attention.  Maybe that would be something you could do, find something you want to learn?

Monica

Anonymous said...

Your the third blog Ive read where the writer is bored...must be the winter months.  Keep your head up...things will get better.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Having a drink can be nice sometimes...I am bored too...think I will head to bed..so cold here I could die...it is making my joints hurt...whaaaaa!  Last night I drank two beers then went to bed...watched a movie with Billy while carlie fell asleep on my lap...it was that race car movie the comedy..can't even think of the name right now...LOL..have a good weekend and rest...back to the drawing board on Monday for some!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...