Saturday 13 January 2007

Oh Yeah Baby!!!

 

Oh Yeah Baby! Shag Me!

I'm giddy with excitment (and a wee bit of alcohol) right now, so you'll have to forgive the whole Austin Powers thing.

I just booked my ticket to Florida. I did it online cause it was so much cheaper, and I probably only did it today because I was tipsy (yeah right, drunk!) but you only live once. And I thought, screw whatever comes up, I miss my baby!

So next month I'll be in Florida.

Hopefully Adam will have a little time off so we can go places together. We really wanna go to St Augustine because its so pretty there and maybe GA but we'll have to wait and see.

And perhaps i'll get to meet some jlanders who live in Florida. That'll be nice. If you'd like to meet, let me know!

After my boredom entry yesterday I've realised I need to make my own fun. One thing I really enjoy doing but don't get to do much anymore is baking. I just love it and I love getting creative with icing. So i'm taking up baking again.

One thing I left off my list of ideal jobs to try was being a baker. I'd love to create cakes for weddings and christenings and just any other special day.

One day I want to take a course in baking and icing cakes. I'd love to make my own wedding cake, that'll take a lot of practise. But these days, it could be possible.

I'm not sure, at the moment its quite popular to go with lots of little fairy cakes to serve to guests and just one small cake which you can cut or keep for your 1st anniversary.

I've already chosen what type of cake topper I want for Adam and I.  Traditionally people go with the bride and groom figures, but you can get really nice initial cake toppers. Just an intertwined A&S with crystal detailing.

Yes, I have been buying wedding magazines. Yes, I am looking forward to getting married, everything but the expense of it anyway.

Do you know people spend, on average at least £10,000 on their wedding. I couldn't believe it at first, but some venues charge up to £3,000 for the day and that doesn't include food or drink!

Everyone who comes to our wedding better like a buffet cause there's no way we could afford at sit-down, silver service wedding lunch. And they'd better bring their wallets if they wanna drink!

You know, i've gotten carried away. I blame the Rose on an empty stomach. But I didn't at all get drunk yesterday, so I should be allowed today!

Just wanted to let yall know that next month, i'll be getting busy. Goodbye Ann Summers and her Rabbit, hello Florida Sunshine and Florida Lovin'

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shermeen, wow how exciting you are going to Florida, you will love it there !!!!!! The beaches are beautiful !!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Woohoo !! Last year February I was in Florida ! I'm so excited for you both.
Have fun planning !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

thats so cool that you get to go see him!..happy happy, joy joy.. my bf lives in TEXAS, and I in california, which i guess is closer then countries apart, but its still very hard, considering i dont get to see him :( i cant wait till i do!..but till then, ill be happy u get to go to FL

take care!

<3jackie

Anonymous said...

aw sherms!...that is brilliant news....off to see Adam....you two deserve some time together....I prefer bouffet to sit down anyway......laughed at the rabbit comment lol Linda xx

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!!!  I hope the month flies by for you!  You will be in your honey's arm very soon!!  Weddings . . . uggghh!  I suggest eloping, much cheaper!!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherms,
hugs Sherms!
Hey are you sure the wedding has to be that expensive?
Anyways, I'm really glad taht your booking your trip to Adam! I think you will be very happy then!
happy Weekend Angel!
hugs and love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!  I love St Augustine, I want to take my daughter there.  Who knows when we will get a chance to get there again.  If you were getting married in Florida, I'd offer to photograph the wedding for the cost of air only!  I MISS Florida that much. :-)  But, you are so right, weddings can be so costly.  I've seen many low budget weddings nad honestly those weddings seem to have the most relaxed brides.

Monica

Anonymous said...

how flipping cool! Woo hoo!
Of course I want to meet you!!
lyn

Anonymous said...

I so wish I lived in Florida!!  I am so happy for you.  Valentines with your baby...that will be sweet!  Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

FLORIDA!!  Wow!!!  How shagadelic!!  I'm so happy that you and Adam will be together soon!!  YEAH!!  Julie :)  

Anonymous said...

Well, we all know it's HOT here in FL!! LOL It sure will be when you get to see Adam again anyway.... wink, wink.

I'd LOVE to meet you, Shermeen, but I'm still five hours away from Jacksonville area. If you do go to St. Augustine, maybe you can get Adam to drive over to my all-time favorite Florida beach which happens to be in St. Auggie - it's Anastasia State Park. We camp there all the time and go boogie-boarding there, etc. It ROCKS!!

I'm happy for you, kiddo!! Have fun,
Hugs,
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you, how exciting. What part of Florida are you coming too?
Louise

Anonymous said...

I know you must be sooooo excited about going to Fla! I love St Augustine. Have fun! :)
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

i missed this entry. Congrats on coming back to the states! I wish i could see you in personnext month. How long will you be here?
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey there!  I am catching up on your journal, WOO HOO!  About going to see your love!  When my hunny was in the Marines back in 95' I was without him for 6 months at a time, and so I understand how you miss Adam!  You have the best time of your life, no holding back!  lol  ;)  May you enjoy your wedding planning, it is lots of fun!  Gots some more reading to do!  lol
Love ya and big hugs,
Vicky

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to meet you! You have to go to St Auggie! I would have loved to have made my own cake. We ate ours a year later, and it was pretty good still. I love the idea od the initials on the cake rather then the regular old bride and groom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...