Sunday 7 January 2007

Oh, I forgot a title!

 

Always be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else!

 

Adam got me the Danity Kane cd for Christmas so i'm overloading on it. When I was over there last summer i'd watch Making the Band 3 all the time, I know some people think it sad, but i got hooked. And since the album isn't out over here yet, Adam got it for me as part of my Christmas gift.

Things have been a little hectic around here recently, i've been working quite a bit and now I need to try and work as much as I can to earn money, but balance school as well. Don't suppose anyone ever said it'd be easy.

Honestly, working in retail sucks sometimes. Wanna know why, because of YOU!

Well, not you guys specifically, but customers who enjoy being rude or mean and knowing that as much as we want to we can't curse back at them. Boy I wish I could sometimes. I don't ask for much, just basic manners. Saying please & thank you and being patient.

Wednesday we have a visit from the managing director, she's just coming in to take a look at our stores operations because we've done really well recently and bagged our store a night on the town. Looking forward to that.

Its been expressed by some that you miss my drunken entries...oh, they seem like so long ago but really they weren't. I guess i'm trying to grow out of my good-time-girl phase. Not that I was ever "loose" or anything along those lines, but I guess since I didn't go out partyin all that often, when I did party, I partied hard. BUT, like I said, i'm trying to let that go. I'll still go out, because I do enjoy getting all dressed up and I LOVE dancing, but everything in moderation, right?

I have to say, we're a funny lot in journal land. Recently someone in jland has created a new journal, a private one, where they've taken down the smoke screen to their life. I have to say that it suprised me to think that this person i'd admired and believed to know, had a completely different life to the one they'd previous portrayed. I think we all sometimes pretend tobe something or someone we're not and it takes a lot of guts to be honest. To lay out your faults and mistakes and trust that people won't turn away from you.

In my last entry I said that i'd like to go back to Florida to visit Adam. I have to talk to my boss next week and hope I can get the time off, I've no more holidays until after April, but someone offered to cover my shift. Guess she's an old romantic too.

Its been a good few months since we've seen each other, at times it feels like years and others it feels like just yesterday. I'm missing him greatly and just a few days together would mean the world to us.

I won't pretend that everythings always smooth sailing between us, sometimes its really hard for no other reason than that we're apart. So any time together helps to strengthen our relationship. This July it'll be 3 years that we've been together (smiles, tries to hide girlie giggle). I know to yall that have been married longer than i've been alive, it doesn't seem like anything at all. Some people have probably had colds longer than we've been together, but its our longest relationship and it means something to us, so i'm excited.

I know, I can't get away from writing about Adam! lol!

Did I tell jland, i'm not sure if I did or not. When I originally found out I promised to keep it a secret and wait a few more months, but I guess I can tell you'll now. Its nice to end on good news.

Come this May, Nathan will have a new brother or sister. My brother and SIL are expecting their second child. I'm really excited and i'm gonna make sure that this time i'm here for the birth (When Nathan was born I was in FL because he came late and I couldn't change my flight).

Hope you're having a great weekend jland!

Love YOU!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good week yourself.
Missie

Anonymous said...

have a great week too hunny...what kind of store do you work in? i used to work in retail also..
hugs
lyn

Anonymous said...

Shermeen, I feel you about working retail, boy the mean people piss me off, I think good manners are a thing of the past, Enjoy your Sunday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

dear Sherms. good entry! I hope youg et to go to Florida!
Awesome!Sherms I'm sorry some people are not polite.
Hey Congratualtions on becoming an aunt again! cool!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

oh I missed this entry! I would be no good in retail because if someone was rude to me....they sure as hell would get it back!....lol....how lovely of that lady to cover your shift...congratulations on being an auntie again!! Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing/

Anonymous said...

i have never heard of Danity Kane.
I can not imagine how tired you must get balancing a job and school. Retail DOES suck. I am not the type for retail but i didnt know that 12 yrs ago when i took the job.
I have no idea who you are talking about with a new private J and taking down a smoke screen. There are some real doozies in J Land, some quite evil. Most are wonderful.
love,lisa jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...