Thursday 17 December 2009

Broody Pill

I come to discover that I've reached a certain age or stage in my marriage, one of the two, where I get uber broody. I see babies and pregnant women and long to experience that for myself. To experience motherhood and family life, because I think that's really what its all about. Adam and I have spoken at length about starting a family and it certainly is something we both want, just in the future. We've agreed countless times it makes more sense to wait until we've had our time together and are settled before bringing a child into the equation. And we'll hopefully be settled in the US in four to five years and can start our family then. Of course, common sense doesn't turn that broody feeling off. And I'm all too aware that once a woman hits a certain point the number of healthy eggs she has depletes. Well, maybe they'll make a pill for that broody feeling. Even though Adam hates it, I was watching The Hills today and Spencer and Heidi are on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to starting a family. They seem financially pretty set up and maybe if I adam and I were in that situation we might consider starting a family sooner. However, I wouldn't stop taking my birth control without telling Adam. Sometimes I forget or can't be bothered, which would cause us panic every few months. But now I have a sweet deal where Adam brings me water each night so I don't forget.

We're also still trying to move out of my family home. But with Christmas around the corner and Adam still out of work, its not looking too hopeful. Just crossing my fingers.
------------------

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...