Wednesday 16 December 2009

Marriage is a learning experience

I don't have a lot of friends, I don't trust many people enough to let them in. I do have a lot of acquaintances, but my true friends I can count on one hand. And the only people I can depend on and call upon anytime, any place, my two best friends from high school, Shadi and Charlotte. And Adam. And I like it that way. Even if I didn't, I'm not entirely sure how to make friends or where to make friends. I know you always have to start somewhere but you can't compete with 10 years of friendship. Its not like when you're young and your best friend changes almost daily. I'm older now and a great deal more cautious with who I give my secrets too, I guess that's because I've been burned too many times. Whilst I don't frequently fall out with my girlfriends, Adam and I are all too often falling out and having little periods where we don't talk to each other. I suppose our spats are more to do with the romantic side of our relationship than the friendship side. And I guess they last so long because of pride. Just an unwillingness to back down or apologise first. Marriage is certainly a learning experience, learning what each others breaking points are. Learning how not to push each others buttons. But also learning to want to reconcile, learning to apologise first and forgive. I'm not always great at it, but you have to keep trying. Keep making the effort. Otherwise you'll just end up having a miserable forever after!

We had snow in London today but it didn't settle, I'm hoping that it'll snow over night and settle. A white Christmas would be awesome!!!

------------------

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...