Monday 11 October 2010

I like being married, to Adam

I like being married. Though what in particular I like about it, I'm not sure I could say. Maybe what I should say is, I like being married to Adam, because of course, who are married to effects how you feel about the institution. To say that things are difficult and stressful in my life right now would be a large understatement. Adam and I are constantly being knocked down by life, but as they say, its not about how many times you get hit, its about how many times you keep getting up. Right now, it's all a learning experience. We're learning about ourselves as individuals, how we cope with stress and pressures and also about us as a couple, how we communicate through difficult times.
There are permanent financial pressures with Adam being out of work and then there are numerous let downs as we attempt to climb out of this mess. Of course I'm still pondering over whether I made the wrong decision in going back to school. Which, I need to stop, because the decision has been made and I'm not going to drop out. Adam was hoping he could get into security, the particular course he was interested in had a scheme where your training is paid for. And as our luck would have it, he's not eligible because he's not from within the EU. Which honestly, hasn't Britain had a much better relationship with America than most of the nations in the European Union!?! Going through these immigration procedures I have come to discover that there is not special relationship between the UK and the US. We just haven't done anything to piss each other off in awhile. That's all. And I don't think that just because someone was born within Europe they should be entitled to certain perks in the UK. I won't go into my extreme opinions on immigration cause i'm trying to build up a readership here and I'm certain to piss someone off.

The problem I have with afternoons is this, no nap time. After lunch, I always get a little sleepy, be it at work or at school. And I'd love more than anything to have a nice cosy place to curl up and lay my head, catch up on some of my missed sleep. It does children good, helping them grow or whatever, well I think it could do a lot of good for adults too. Helping us to recenter ourselves, de-stress, relax...essentially I think we could get all the perks of an amazing yoga class through an hours power nap.

There is a young lady behind me doing math. Math. At university level, are you insane!? Well, of course everyone has their niche, what they're good at. For me, math is not even close to what I'm good at. I'm not even sure I know what I'm good at other than to know that it is not math. I thought I'd update from uni as I have some spare time on my hands and when I get home tonight I've a lot of work to be doing...possibly after a power nap. If I can get 30mins of silence in my house. Its not always possible. Oh how I long for the days when Adam and I have our own place and need only to rely on and take care of each other. That's the dream anyway.

Well, I'm gonna go back to reading and possibly falling asleep, given how tired I am that might happen and I'd miss the seminar I waited around for four hours to attend. How pissed I would be at myself!

2 comments:

Don said...

I have come to discover that there is not special relationship between the UK and the US. We just haven't done anything to piss each other off in awhile. That's all.

That statement made me literally laugh out loud cause that's pretty much how I view the relationship between Britian and the United States.

When it arrives at America, allies come and go, it appears.

I admire the re-entrance into college as well as the marriage. Two things that inspire me at this point of my life, although I haven't partaken into either.

During my three semesters in school I was the worse at college algebra.

Brown English Muffin said...

I guess I've figured out how you found me!! "Don"! That guys an incredible writer, the words just flow off the page with him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...