Friday 30 September 2011

Day 12 of my 30 Blogging Challenge

Day 12: How you found out about Blogger and why you made one
Before Blogger was in my life, there was a little love I like to call Journal Land. I'm not a blogging virgin, in fact this blog is a transplant. I used to belong to the wonderful community that was AOL Journals, before AOL decided to ruin everything by putting an end to journals and shutting us all down. I searched for a new home for my words and came across Blogger who did all the hard work for me by transporting my journal from one site to another. 
When I was part of the AOL journal community, I had two blogs. When I first started out I wrote under the title of Public Thoughts and that's exactly what it was. My thoughts made public for the world to read. And then as I grew and changed, I created Sherms In The Middle. I still have my old blog for reference sake. I write because I love to write, I love to read and I love to connect with people. Some of the people I am closet to are bloggers and ex-bloggers I've never met. Go figure.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Some of the people I hold closest to my heart I would never have met in person if it weren't for the internet/Facebook/blogging (or at least, it would have been highly unlikely!). I love that you feel so closely connected to your blogging community. xx

Sarah @ ExPat Bride said...

I've also grown into blogging from separate journal type sites I've been working on for years. Blogger is by far my favorite so far.

Brown English Muffin said...

Funny all the years I've been blogging and I called a blogger for the FIRST time last Friday to talk about Girl Scouts (Brownie) stuff....talking to her I felt as if I knew her even though we'd never met! Kind of like i feel about you....weird really.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...