Thursday 8 September 2011

In IT to win IT

Chandra is the owner of a blog I've recently discovered. A couple days ago she asked: If you came into a windfall of money, what would you do with it?


Firstly, it would depend how much I won, £10.00 and £10,000 are very different amounts. 
For the sake of this blog post I'm gonna take the realistic figure of £126,000,000. Yes, that's almost $202,000,000. And yes, this is a realistic figure because its the prize of tomorrow nights EuroMillions.
♥If I won that amount I wouldn't be greedy, honestly that is more money that one person could ever need. I know a lot of people who are struggling, unemployed or newly married and trying to get on their feet. I'm certain they would appreciate a gift of a million pounds. I know many of my regular readers would.
♥I would buy my mum a new house, in a nice neighborhood. And a new car, automatic so that she doesn't have to worry about shifting.  
♥I would have a huge family holiday. My family have never met Adams and I would love for us all to get together and have fun. 
♥I toy with this daily but I might have a wedding. Yes, I'm married but Adam and I didn't really get the "wedding" that I would have liked. I'm not sure he really cares but I would like to have a vow renewal in a Church and have all our friends and family there. 
♥Did I mention I'd pay off all my debts. Credit cards and student loans, the whole shebang.
♥I'd buy a yacht or/and a holiday home.
I'd give money to the NSPCC and Great Ormand Street Hospital, I'm really all about charities that work for children.
♥I'd have a Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman, moment. I'd wear my regular, at home clothes and go shopping in a fancy department store and blow a few grand.


And don't worry, whenever we discuss winning loads the husband is always cautious and talks about putting it in a high interest account and living off the interest. Which is oddly the reverse for us. Usually, he's the one who spends without thinking and I'm the cautious one. I guess I've just been waiting for a windfall so I can go wild.


Oh and for people who I know but don't like enough to give a million pounds to, I'd like to introduce The Crystal Dome. Back in the day, I used to watch the show The Crystal Maze and dream of going on. It looked like so much fun. Of course, now that I'm older it just seems silly. But at the end they would enter the dome and have a certain amount of time to collect as many gold leaves as possible. I would have people enter the dome and try to collect as many £20 notes as possible. Check out this video I found (you can skip in to about 1 min 30 if you like):




Of course, all this depends on my winning tomorrow nights lotto. So I turn to you, my readers.
♥The first five readers to comment, please include a number between 1 and 50.
♥Then readers six and seven who comment, please include a number between 1 and 11.
The numbers will be played tomorrow. After all...You've gotta be in it to win it!







If you won or inherited £126,000,000 what would you do with it??? 

7 comments:

Chandra said...

Fingers, toes, and everything crossed! I'm giving you the #2 since it's the number of times you commented on my post. May it bring you luck lady!

Soph! said...

#9! :)

Hannah said...

4!

If I had that much money I would do very much the same thing...give nice things to family members, go on some exotic/lovely vacations, buy some clothes, maybe a decent size home, invest a huge chunk of it, etc...

A girl can dream, right?! 

Anonymous said...

11

Brown English Muffin said...

ok so what were those numbers!! LOL

I knew you'd give tons of is away...I can tell already you're such a sweet person.

Alida Sharp said...

48

I would do pretty much the same things...help out family, make some donations, start a scholarship fund for older women going back to college, travel, buy a condo on the coast...yeah, that all sounds good!

ms.composure said...

i love the julia roberts moment!! that is something i would def do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...