Tuesday 20 September 2011

Day 6 of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge

Day 6: Your favorite Superhero and why


I don't really go in for the whole superhero thing, I'm not a huge comic book fan or anything. I remember when I was in High School we had to write a presentation for English class on our hero. Most people wrote about their mother or older sisters, I wrote about Mel B. What can I say, I was a big Spice Girls fan. And for a young girl, it was great to look up to someone who wasn't afraid to be themselves. She embraced everything about herself and I could really respect that. Of course, now I'm older and a lot more confident than I was when I was 13.
This question seems really loaded to me but I'm gonna give it my bestest shot.


My favorite fictional Superhero is Dark Angel, played by Jessica Alba. I was devastated when the show got cancelled after the second season. It's basically the store of a genetically altered female, living in a post apocolyptic world. She's desperate to find her "siblings" who she escaped from the secret government facility with. Along the way she encounters Logan Cale, played by Micheal Weatherly (Jessica Alba's ex-fiance, he's now in NCIS), a hacker who's trying to bring down corrupt officials and make the world a better place. Anyway, I thought it was a kick-ass show.


The hero of my life has to be Adam. He's really helped me to become a stronger person and every time I'm ready to give up, he's always there to build me back up again. He's helped me to see so many wonderful things about myself and I'm slowly realizing all that I'm capable off.

8 comments:

Eve said...

I think it's lovely that Adam's your biggest hero. :) Made me smile lots! xx

Unknown said...

Lovely post Sherms! Does your husband read your blog?...he should love you more for this!

Brown English Muffin said...

Good question Claudia....does your husband read your blog? Mine ONLY reads it if I send him the link...I don't think he's grasped the fact that it updates daily!! LOL

I'll have to look for Dark Angel or Netflix or Hulu it sounds like a show I'd like.

The pic of my and hubby is about 6 years old...the good old days before the child! LOL and before the weight!! LOL

Brown English Muffin said...

question....you often ask questions in your comments on my blog and I often don't know how to reply to you...I'm not sure if you check that box "Email follow-up comments" so if I reply in the comments you'll see it...or if you're like me and that feature drove you batty....or you're also like me longing for the day when blogger copies wordpress and allows you to reply to the person right from the comment section???? Hmm now here I am asking questions....hmm wonder how you'll reply to them... LOL :0)

I do dream of having more kids yes...but hubsters not 100% sure, so we wait...

I hate taking pictures of myself or 2 reasons...1. I hate attention, and a picture of me means attention. 2. I hate how big I've become I need to loose weight...but even if I did I still wouldn't like pictures of me that much...one or two a year is fine with me!

Have you heard of Hootie and the Blowfish? If you have then you've "heard" Darius Rucker.

Unknown said...

got ya! my husband does not read my blog either! :/

Sarah @ ExPat Bride said...

HAHAHA I love that you wrote about Mel B. I was a big spice girls fan too. I probably would have written about Mel C.

Elaine said...

funny enough, my hubby LOVED that show! now i'm not really sure whether that's because of the story line or if it's because of jessica alba herself.....

ms.composure said...

loving this post! my fav super hero...hmmm...batman. i guess as a young girl i always had a crush on him...LoL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...