Tuesday 6 September 2011

I love to love but my baby just loves to dance

Well, as most of you know, I'm still in England. Missing the husband. When Adam left back in January, we entered into this immigration journey knowing that it wouldn't be as easy as when Adam moved to the UK but we certainly didn't expect it to take this long.
When he first left, I was a mess. I'm glad that I kept this blog because I can look back and witness the journey I went through trying to know myself without him. And it's been a journey that has brought me closer to God, closer to my friends and family and has helped me to learn some new things about myself. To discover just how resilient I can be...once I stop crying that is.
What most of you who aren't my Facebook friends, why not, add me already, don't know, is that the end is finally in sight. I don't want to start counting my chickens just yet, though it is difficult because I am so looking forward to seeing the husband but we have an interview date scheduled. I'd been stalking the post man for the past two weeks, hoping he would deliver me that much desired letter. He hasn't. But where my postman failed, my dialing fingers did not. I called the Embassy on Saturday and was informed that my interview has been scheduled for the end of September. I don't want to give away the actual date until I have the letter in my hand confirming it, I'm such a superstitious freak, but we are so happy to know that if things go to plan, we can be together again NEXT MONTH!
In all honesty, I'm glad that its taken over seven months to get to this stage because I am finally at a place where I am at peace with going. I've had time to spend with my nieces and nephew, to ease them into the reality of my leaving. I've taken the time to get my mum schooled on how Facebook and Skype works so we can stay in touch. And I've had some really great nights out with my besties. 
Last month my best friend Charlotte stepped over the threshold into 26 and celebrated in the best way she knew how, a trip to a nightclub. We knew that it would probably be the last birthday I celebrated with her for the next few years and she wanted to do something special. I don't usually go out to nightclubs anymore, I feel a little too old for it all now but I love to dance. When I was between 18-22 I would go out dancing a couple nights a month. I'd get all dressed up and wear heels and dance until the wee hours of the morning before hopping on a night bus home.


Now, to stay up past 12am is a huge accomplishment and to last the whole night dancing in heels is a miracle. When did I get so old? I much prefer going for dinner and drinks with a few close friends not dancing in heels and being shoved by some sweaty guy dancing like a fool. But I have to say, she had the right idea because I had so much fun. Yes, my feat hurt so bad the next two days but we had a blast. If you're my Facebook friend you would have already seen the pictures, if you're not, seriously add me already! 


 
Susana, Charlotte and I ♥
Helen, Me, Susana, Charlotte and Kathy.
I really have no idea what we're doing here,
after the 3rd shot everything gets a little silly ♥
Silly fun, I'm not sure we pull off the tough girl look ♥
I can't even remember what these shots are, I'm usually a tequila girl
I think Apple Sourz and Strawberries & Cream? ♥

Check out the girl in the hot pantz...no wonder I feel old when
the youngsters come out dressed like this! ♥



We have one more night out planned later this month when Susana turns 27! I'm not yet ready to face that, thank goodness I still have time. But I don't think she's too concerned, he fiance just turned 30 and they're busy planning their wedding and looking for a house. I really think age is relative to whether or not you're happy with your life.I'm hopeful that before I move we can fit in another evening out together, I was planning on having a leaving get together but with so many of my friends scattered in different parts of the country, it is difficult.

Perhaps I should start making plans for moving now that I know the interview date but I'm still hesitant. I don't want to leave everything to the last minute because there really is so much to take care of but I don't want to make any plans in case anything goes wrong. Adam says I'm being silly because I really can't think of anything that would give them a reason to say no, but I still don't want to take the chance. He was talking about booking a ticket before the prices go up too much more but we have no idea how long it'll take them to send my passport back after the interview. I don't know, perhaps I'm being too cautious. I like to plan things out and know things for certain before I jump. Adam is more adventurous, he flies by the seat of his pants and leaps in. Which actually works for us because I can appreciate that I need to relinquish control every now and then. And he's the man to help me do it. 

So I turn to you, my faithful reader, should I start making plans as if I'm leaving or wait until I'm actually approved? 
♥ Should I call shipping companies and have them give me estimates?
♥ Should I hand in my two weeks notice at work so that my last day is just before my interview?
♥Should I contact the necessary companies to let them know I'll be moving and change my contact details?
♥Should I buy a plane ticket so I have a day to look forward to?
♥Should I start seeing all the people I want to see again before I leave?








9 comments:

Hannah said...

That's such a hard question! I think I would make arrangements for the things like nights out with friends and shipping estimates, but I might not quit my job until I had a finalized answer. This is definitely a tricky situation, though! But oh my goodness! So happy for you! Hoping/praying you get to be with your husband SOON!

Unknown said...

So happy for you! I agree with Hanna I think you should not quit just yet! maybe start packing, getting rid of stuff, calling for estimates and tickets prices and definitely start seeing the people you will miss!

Hope this will resolve soon!

Unknown said...

I sent you a friend request on FB!xo

Hannah said...

Hooray! I am SO excited for you. It's been so fun to see you go through this journey. I definitely think you should get as MUCH out of the way as you can. I wouldn't purchase a ticket yet, but everything else...might as well get the ball rolling! I feel like if you do it now, you won't be as anxious/stressed when you have an actual date of leaving the country. SO excited for you :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm, well I'd start making preparations without burning any bridges, like don't give your notice at work yet, but do start getting estimates from shipping companies, and perhaps book a flight that you can reschedule if neccessary.

About getting the passport back after the interview, my husband and I got ours with visas back a few days later. But that was from the American embassy in Osaka, Japan, so I'm not sure they're all that quick, but just to give you some idea.

And do spend even more time with your friends and family, you're going to miss them like crazy, and you're going to wish you'd done even more with them.

Exciting!

Eve said...

♥ Should I call shipping companies and have them give me estimates?

Yes - Try Excess Baggage. They're very reasonable and helped my sister-in-law with moving from Australia, twice!

♥ Should I hand in my two weeks notice at work so that my last day is just before my interview?

Probably not... it takes 10 working days for your passport to be returned to you (max.) according to the Embassy, so maybe after the interview?

♥Should I contact the necessary companies to let them know I'll be moving and change my contact details?

Not yet - after the interview!
♥Should I buy a plane ticket so I have a day to look forward to?

YES! They are getting expensive, and you can guarantee that you will be going, even if you need an extra document. Maybe look to late October?

♥Should I start seeing all the people I want to see again before I leave?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Yes. :)

I am so excited to see you have an interview date! Mine's at the end of September, too, so might see you there! ;)

http://eveinthequeencity.blogspot.com/

Eve said...

And I shall add you on FB. :)

Soph! said...

So excited for you!!!

I think you should call around and get the estimates on shipping and start spending time with people before you leave. I'd wait for all of the other plans until I had an exact date!

Hoping for the best for you!

Brown English Muffin said...

I knew this time apart while hard would probably be the best growing and learning experience you'd have for a very long time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...