Monday 26 September 2011

Emotional...you don't say

The best quote from this weekend came from my four year old niece who when told about my interview on Wednesday, said to me; "I know they won't let you in Auntie Shermeen because when I went to America, I told them not to". You've got to love kids. My nephew however was a little kinder and told me that even though he would miss me, he knew I would be very happy to be with Unlce Adam again and hopes they say yes.
Everyone has been super nice and encouraging, if it only came down to whether or not we had a genuine relationship, I wouldn't be worried. But I have no idea about all the nitty gritty of how this process works and what exactly they look for. I remain nervous...and a little less excited.  This morning whilst talking to the husband I had a little emotional breakdown. We've come to realize that it's just not financially possible for me to ship all my belongings with me right now. We just can't afford it and my current pay cheque won't cover it, so I'll be leaving quite a bit back here to ship at a later date. Which made me very emotional. The thought of having to say goodbye to my family and friends and to not have any of my personal belongings just overwhelmed me. I've never moved out of home before and I'm very close to my family, so to be saying goodbye to everything I've ever felt connected to at one time just seemed like too much. We discussed it and whilst I realize that the priority is to be together, it doesn't mean that I won't have girlie breakdowns from time to time. So if approved it'll just be me and two suitcase, not sure how much I can fit into them yet and I don't want to bring anything that can't be replaced. I've had the experience of luggage getting lost and having to go through insurance companies for it all to be replaced, I don't want to experience that again. Honestly, I think all the airlines/airports like loosing luggage once in awhile, they money they make at auction for lost belongings is ridiculous. And I don't understand how they loose luggage in the first place, it's all supposed to be scanned at the destination. I guess I should stop because I can go on all day about that, I shall just end by saying I lost the most beautiful clothes in that suitcase. Wasn't happy.


Tomorrow I'm going to have my hair treated and trimmed. I cannot tell you the last time I went to the hair dresser but I'm in desperate need, I've miss-treated my hair something rotten. In fact, it needs relaxing...you know, that creme crack...but I refuse to do it whilst my hair is in such bad shape. And I'm gonna go have my eyebrows threaded, I don't know about you but just having those two beauty regiments taken care of makes me feel a ton better. I shall hopefully be feeling like a million bucks tomorrow and if I'm lucky that feeling will continue for Wednesday and give me a little confidence boost!
I'm also excited to try my hand at vlogging later this week, I've got your questions and I'm really excited to answer them. If you want to ask a question but haven't, it's not to late. Be bold people of blogger land.


If Wednesday doesn't go well, I really don't know what I'll do. First I shall drown my sorrows in wine and dessert, then cry and drown my sorrows some more. I would hate to think about going through this immigration journey again to bring Adam back to the UK. I'd hate to think about telling Adam that he has to move back to the UK, that would NOT be a fun conversation.
I guess, I'm just gonna ask everyone to wish me luck...please...

7 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

I know the interview is going to go just fine, there's no reason for them to NOT let you in really.

As for leaving your belonging behind...I was sad about it at first but then I realized that it was a perfect excuse to go back every once in a while AND see friends.

I actually looked forward to going home to see friends and picking up a few things each trip.

Not that I have everything hear I honestly haven't been back in years.

So don't be so quick to get everything over there!

Chin up everything will be fine!

ms.composure said...

i LOVE gettin my eyebrows threaded!!! and i am natural but i do like to go and have someone wash and manage my hair! good luck with the interview and moving!! I know how scary it is when i left my home for the first time a few years ago

Eve said...

Shermeen, just read through what happened in mine - it can't be much different to that. It *will* be okay; honestly, they are so chilled out there - try to keep calm. I know so much rides on it, and it must be even more emotional now that you are dealing with not taking your stuff (I've sold most of mine, so I sort of know how you feel), and I know that these are only words, but there really is NO reason for them not to let you go. :)

I agree with BEM: that gives you a great excuse to come back and/or get awesome post on a regular basis! :)

Keep me posted on how it's going. Will be thinking of you. xxx

http://eveinthequeencity.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

You're in my prayers, Shermeen! Keep on keepin' on, girl!

Unknown said...

Get yourself pretty for Weds so you can shy like a new penny!

You are in my prayers and you made me remember when I was a newlywed and we moved to our first home together I cried that night and my husband asked me do you want to go back to your moms? Of course I didn't but It was scary you know...I am confident your interview will go well and you will be happy starting a new life with your husband in the US with whatever belongings you can take with you!

Like Eve said great excuse to come back and say hi to loved ones left behind!

Hugs to you!

Alida Sharp said...

Shermeen, you are in my thoughts and prayers...I am sure it is all going to go well <3

Soph! said...

Good luck!You got this! Stay calm and collected. I have faith that everything will go just fine ad you'll be my (sorta) neighbor soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...