Friday 9 September 2011

I've got a golden ticket!

I've got a golden pink ticket!


I purchased a lotto ticket after work today with the numbers you lovely ladies picked. And then I chose one more, as well as the lucky stars. I'm not sure what time they do the draw but I'll check the numbers in the morning and see if we win!

Our numbers are: 02, 04, 09, 11, 28 and the lucky stars are 01 & 02!

One of my favourite pastimes is reading, so I'm super excited that the 2011 Man Booker short list has been released. Last year there were some fantastic reads that I'm still working my way through but now I have new books to add to my Amazon wish list.
The six books that made the short list are:

I really can't decide which of these books I want to read first because they all sound amazing and its even harder to determine which one might win. I'm certain it'll take me some time to get through reading them all but I'm excited to compare my decision to that of the judges.
At present I'm reading The Bell Jar and to be honest, it is draining on me. I just haven't connected with it the way I usually do with great books. However, I am determined to persevere and finish it. Hopefully enjoy it...though I don't think its a book to be enjoyed but certainly to be appreciated.

Hopefully I'll be leaving London next month (crossed fingers) but I will be missing out on the most exciting event to happen in a long time...The London 2012 Olympics!
I don't play a lot of sports, perhaps if I did I'd be in better shape but I certainly enjoy watching them, especially the athletics.I watched the World Championships in Daegu, Korea this year. In fact athletics are usually a family event, we all sit down and cheer on the team/country/athlete we want to win. I was so impressed with Russia this year, they have some fantastic athletes. Of course, I route for Britain whenever I can. I love Jessica Ennis, anyone who can compete to her standard in seven events is amazing. It's a shame that she didn't dominate again this year but I'm certain that the home field advantage next year will see her back on top. 



I was so disappointed for both Britain and the USA in the mens 4x100 metres relay. When the USA tripped I almost cried for them, so disappointing and they'd performed so well in the trials. Hopefully they'll come back better and stronger next year but did you see how fast Usain Bolt ran. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be the fastest man in the world, I think he really needed a strong win after being disqualified. Please tell me you heard about that? I'm not a fan of the new rules where runners are automatically disqualified after a false start. And I think the fact that the fastest man in the world couldn't compete in the 100 metres doesn't make much sense. For sure I'll be watching the Olympics next year, Adam tells me that America isn't so hot for athletics. I say "Why not America?" It's awesome. 

I'm gonna end this post with a little pet peeve I have at the moment. I love the new blogger interface but it automatically does a spell check as I type. And it seems to be set to American English. So when I type words like, favourite and colour and realise and hypnotise, I get that annoying read squiggle underneath. I am not happy about it and I can't imagine changing my "s" for a "zee" YICK! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm disappointed that I missed this one but I would have said 9 since it is my b-day month and day :)

Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...